You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Give me the option to pay half the ticket price then since if I'm showing up late and will miss the opening acts. The fact you can't comprehend that is a joke.

My advise was directed at you personally!!

That's me responding to you concerning myself as an individual. I'm taking your advice by showing up late but wait I still paid full price but by showing up ate I missed the opening act that played three hours earlier. Seriously you have the worst reading comprehension skills I have ever seen. You do it on a consistent basis. You either lack the ability to comprehend what has been said or you simply pick and choose what to aknowledge to suit your FAKE online personality. Yeah I say it's fake because seriously anyone who misses the point as often as you is doing it on purpose.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

Anyways if people don't like reading my stuff hit the ignore button.

Thanks for the tip.

Done.

Forgot there even was one!

Done!

Sky Dog wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Saikin wrote:

GNR would never do anything as cool as this:

whatever....neither would Led Zep, TheWho, or any other good band. Grohl is a jerk....different jerk than Axl but a complete JACKASS.

I love flaming liberals who have NO RESPECT for others views. 4

such a contradiction huh?

You put Axl above Dave in the jerk and jackass category because of some comments he made about GNR 20 years ago? Are you insane? Your talking about someone (Axl) who lost his shit on a photographer in an airport for just snapping a few pics among other things.

GNR could take a few pages out the Foo Fighters' book on how to treat fans. They constantly have the fans in mind. From the constant updates to way they perform shows and everything inbetween. If Axl did something like that protest, people on here would be drooling over their keyboards as if it was the best and most original thing to ever happen in rock music.

You will never see a GNR documentary with the band in theaters accompanied by a live broadcasted 3D concert. Hell, Axl won't even allow his band to be streamed on the internet in shit quality.

FF come on stage ON TIME. This isn't 1992 anymore, people don't really care enough about GNR to wait hours for them to come on. That's why most of the arenas in the US are half-filled and 2/3s empty by 2:30 am when the show is over.

They play a full set every night and don't get pissy about the audience. When I saw the Foos on Monday, Dave asked the crowd to cheer if it was their first FF show and a good 3/4s of the sold-out arena erupted. Instead of being offended or pissed, he turned it into a joke and laughed about it.

Ticket prices were reasonable for such a high-profile act. Floor tix were $60 after fees. I paid $90 for GNR at the same venue in 06.

Lets see, a t-shirt at that concert was $25 while one at GNR was $35... I could go on and on but I just don't get how you can say Dave is a bigger ass than Axl. I love them both but Dave for sure wins me on the treatment of fans.

Ugh it just pisses me off when internet GNR fanboys seem they have to hate everything Dave Grohl just because of a stupid little rift between Axl and Nirvana 20 years ago. That's fine if you don't like FF music but to say Dave is a bigger jackass than Axl is probably the dumbest thing I've read on the internet and there is a lot of stupid shit on here.

First of all, I do not like the Foo Fighters....just don't like their music. Second of all, I just don't like Dave Grohl as a person. I think he is a complete smarmy smartass at all times. The video being evidence once again. To me, he is a smug, smartass jerk. Sorry, I don't like him.

Is he talented? Yes. Does he rawk? Yes. Is he a phenomenal drummer? Yes. Do I like Nirvana? Yes. Do the Foos treat their fans right? Yes.

Did my post have anything to do with the Gnr/Grohl/Nirvana thing from 20 years ago? NO.

see all that huff and puff for nothing.:D

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well that was a bit of an experience.  I went on to try and get tickets for the Hartford pre-sale this morning.  I was planning to buy 8 tickets for friends, but I wanted to get the best possible seats.  The goal was to get tickets in section 100, 200, or 300.  That apparently wasn't happening though.  I tried for about 20 minutes and got a call from a friend saying that his brother had bought 10 tickets and I was included in that group.  I think they're in section 600, which appears to be head on with the stage, so I should at least have a good view of everything, even though I won't be super close.  The theater only holds 7500 or so though, so I'm sure it'll be fine.  Anyway, so I went from having to buy 8 tickets, to buying none.  Quite the turnaround. 

A friend of mine coming down from Syracuse wanted 4 tickets though and he was only purchased 2, hopefully he's alright with that.  I told him, we could always get 2 more if need be.  Hell, maybe I'll find 2 in the front row and I'll gladly take one of those.

Can't WAIT!  Is it November yet?

Edit - Just noticed, thanks to the friendly folks over at HTGTH, that they actually have GA Pit tickets for the Hartford show.  They're sneaky over at Live Nation, they're not listed on the seating chart and if you choose "best available" the pit tickets don't come up.  So we ended up getting 9 pit tickets instead.  Hopefully my buddy won't have any issues returning the 6 seats he bought earlier today. 

Never been on the floor before.  Any pointers from experienced GA users?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well that was a bit of an experience.  I went on to try and get tickets for the Hartford pre-sale this morning.  I was planning to buy 8 tickets for friends, but I wanted to get the best possible seats.  The goal was to get tickets in section 100, 200, or 300.  That apparently wasn't happening though.  I tried for about 20 minutes and got a call from a friend saying that his brother had bought 10 tickets and I was included in that group.  I think they're in section 600, which appears to be head on with the stage, so I should at least have a good view of everything, even though I won't be super close.  The theater only holds 7500 or so though, so I'm sure it'll be fine.  Anyway, so I went from having to buy 8 tickets, to buying none.  Quite the turnaround. 

A friend of mine coming down from Syracuse wanted 4 tickets though and he was only purchased 2, hopefully he's alright with that.  I told him, we could always get 2 more if need be.  Hell, maybe I'll find 2 in the front row and I'll gladly take one of those.

All that Sec 600 thing means is they are withholding good tix, and trying to fill from the back forwards.

They'll release better seats as the dates get closer.

That is CLASSIC Ticketmaster bullshit. Don't be shocked if 100, 200 sec seats hit StubHub.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

All that Sec 600 thing means is they are withholding good tix, and trying to fill from the back forwards.

They'll release better seats as the dates get closer.

That is CLASSIC Ticketmaster bullshit. Don't be shocked if 100, 200 sec seats hit StubHub.

Oh yeah, I know that.  I actually could've gotten closer seats than section 600.  There were seats in the 100 and 300 sections, but they all said "limited view".  Didn't really want to take a chance on those.

And yeah, I checked some of the bootleg ticket sites LAST night, before tickets were even on sale and they had a bevy of good tickets for hundreds of dollars.  I don't know how they do it, or who pays that much for those tickets that keeps them in business. 

The only thing with this show, is the venue is on the smaller side.  I mean, I'm still not convinced they'll sell out, but it is about half the size of most of the arenas they're playing.  So there was a LITTLE more urgency.  Anyway, I ended up trading in those seats towards the back for 9 floor tickets.  So it's all good.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:
madagas wrote:

whatever....neither would Led Zep, TheWho, or any other good band. Grohl is a jerk....different jerk than Axl but a complete JACKASS.

I love flaming liberals who have NO RESPECT for others views. 4

such a contradiction huh?

You put Axl above Dave in the jerk and jackass category because of some comments he made about GNR 20 years ago? Are you insane? Your talking about someone (Axl) who lost his shit on a photographer in an airport for just snapping a few pics among other things.

GNR could take a few pages out the Foo Fighters' book on how to treat fans. They constantly have the fans in mind. From the constant updates to way they perform shows and everything inbetween. If Axl did something like that protest, people on here would be drooling over their keyboards as if it was the best and most original thing to ever happen in rock music.

You will never see a GNR documentary with the band in theaters accompanied by a live broadcasted 3D concert. Hell, Axl won't even allow his band to be streamed on the internet in shit quality.

FF come on stage ON TIME. This isn't 1992 anymore, people don't really care enough about GNR to wait hours for them to come on. That's why most of the arenas in the US are half-filled and 2/3s empty by 2:30 am when the show is over.

They play a full set every night and don't get pissy about the audience. When I saw the Foos on Monday, Dave asked the crowd to cheer if it was their first FF show and a good 3/4s of the sold-out arena erupted. Instead of being offended or pissed, he turned it into a joke and laughed about it.

Ticket prices were reasonable for such a high-profile act. Floor tix were $60 after fees. I paid $90 for GNR at the same venue in 06.

Lets see, a t-shirt at that concert was $25 while one at GNR was $35... I could go on and on but I just don't get how you can say Dave is a bigger ass than Axl. I love them both but Dave for sure wins me on the treatment of fans.

Ugh it just pisses me off when internet GNR fanboys seem they have to hate everything Dave Grohl just because of a stupid little rift between Axl and Nirvana 20 years ago. That's fine if you don't like FF music but to say Dave is a bigger jackass than Axl is probably the dumbest thing I've read on the internet and there is a lot of stupid shit on here.

First of all, I do not like the Foo Fighters....just don't like their music. Second of all, I just don't like Dave Grohl as a person. I think he is a complete smarmy smartass at all times. The video being evidence once again. To me, he is a smug, smartass jerk. Sorry, I don't like him.

Is he talented? Yes. Does he rawk? Yes. Is he a phenomenal drummer? Yes. Do I like Nirvana? Yes. Do the Foos treat their fans right? Yes.

Did my post have anything to do with the Gnr/Grohl/Nirvana thing from 20 years ago? NO.

I don't get how people would see Dave Grohl as a jerk. He treats his fans with respect and goes out of his way for his fans a lot.  The guy has made fun of himself his entire career and never let everything get to his head and cause him to have a huge ego.  He's grateful for having the opportunity to do what he does.

What other band has done a garage tour when they are this big, going to fans houses and playing entire sets for them? 

What a fucking pompous jackass.  16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Any pointers from experienced GA users?

Yes:

1. Approprite footwear. This means closed toe shoes or if you have ladies in your group no high heals etc. Basicly something that is unlikely to cause you to loose your balance, and that will also minimise damage to your foot if you are steped on.

2. Plan for the heat. I'm not sure if it's hot where you live. But this is an issue at least in Australia. Floor situations ususally have a lot of excited people in very close promimity, jumping, dancing, yelling, stage lighting, indoors. The tempreature on the floor can be much warmer than the ambient tempreature of the day. So unless it's a very cold climate in your area or something, I'd consider short sleaves and so on.

3. Try and avoid having to carry excessive items. Obviously there's some stuff u might end up having to keep with you - especially if you buy a swag of merch and so on - but generally try and avoid bringing excess things - so no jackets or anything like that. You need your hands free to be able to balance, pull out a metal sign or fist wave at Axl - and of course if you drop something like glasses or your wallet it's not going to be easy to get it back.

4. Plan to be standing for a very long time. Consider your meals and so on around the fact that you're going to be standing for hours. When you consider most floor tickets involve waiting in a line, then waiting pre show, then the support acts, then an indefinate GNR wait!!! and then a lengthy GNR show - it's a lot of standing up - so make sure you've eaten properly and stuff like that if you or anyone in your group is likely to get faint.

5. Not sure what GNR crowds will be like over there. In terms of roughness. I think the safest places are really towards the back of the pitt - or at the very front where you can hang onto a crash fense. In my experience the danger zone is maybe 3-4 rows back from the fense...as there's nothing to hold onto - it's just a no-mans land - yet this area is susceptable to shoving from people up the back trying to get to the fense...and people at both sides trying to get central. In extreme crowds the pushing and shoving can detract from the experience as you spend a lot of time just keeping from falling. So sometimes it's better to be back around row 10 and watching than row 5 and fighting to not die. Of course absolute front is the best for fun. Best view and best chance of holding on and staying putt - but even then you're likely to have to push a little to maintain it.

6. Keep aware of others. If you are real close to the front - be aware that people behind you may be coming towards you at head hight crowd surfing. I was once in the front row and focusing on the shredding then nearly got knocked out by catching a stray boot to the back of my head from some surfer guy that was being pulled out by security. Total accident...but it can fuck up your night. So by all means focus on the show - but just keep an eye out for those around you and make sure you're both ok. For that matter a bit of mosh ettiquite is good...if someone goes down - help them up - don't stand on them...it leads to problems for everyone.

7. If you drink keep in mind you'll loose your spot to go bathroom. So it's cost benifit. It your night isn't complete without a beer enjoy. But if your mission is to high five uncle Axl as he takes a bow at the end then maybe ease up on the liquids. Although it's also worth considering your general hydration in terms of the standing/heat and so on. Again...no point passing out mid show or colapising from thirst!

Anyways..thats all i can think of...keep safe...and enjoy 9:mosh:

Sky Dog wrote:
Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

I don't get how people would see Dave Grohl as a jerk. He treats his fans with respect and goes out of his way for his fans a lot.  The guy has made fun of himself his entire career and never let everything get to his head and cause him to have a huge ego.  He's grateful for having the opportunity to do what he does.

What other band has done a garage tour when they are this big, going to fans houses and playing entire sets for them? 

What a fucking pompous jackass.  16

agree to disagree....and I don't care what he does for "the fans".

Board footer