You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Naltav wrote:

I agree that they should release a new album while the iron is hot.

But at this moment, I don't think they will release a NEW album written by the current lineup.

And personally, I don't want that right now. There's still stuff from the CD-sessions I'm very curious to hear! And I'm guessing that THAT is where Axl's focus is gonna be at when the tour is over.

And to the general public, it won't matter. To them it will be a NEW album either way.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mazdarati
 Rep: 7 

Mazdarati wrote:

So Bach is opening the Phoneix show. Throughout this tour two of my five or six favorite bands have opened up for GnR...and I get stuck with Sebastian f****ing Bach. Significantly less excited for the show now...Hopefully he doesn't play for too long.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mazdarati
 Rep: 7 

Mazdarati wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mazdarati wrote:

So Bach is opening the Phoneix show. Throughout this tour two of my five or six favorite bands have opened up for GnR...and I get stuck with Sebastian f****ing Bach. Significantly less excited for the show now...Hopefully he doesn't play for too long.

You don't like any of the Skid Row material at least?

I went through some of his old set lists today and listened to most of the songs he's played, and I am not particularly excited to sit through an hour of it. Don't get me wrong, it could be WAY worse (i.e. Nickelback) it's just a huge drop-off from BLS & Buckcherry happening to be all-time favorite bands.

Now, that being said, I get the impression from the GNR contingent (mostly HTGTH though) that Bach opening is going to be generally well received, so on the whole I suppose its not the worst thing that could have happened.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Don't know if you guys caught him with Guns on the other tours, but when I heard him in 2006, I was surprised how 'heavy' he sounded. The Skidrow material was less hair and more metal. So it sounded fresh. I actually really enjoyed his set.

That said, I wish Loaded was opening in Vegas! smile
And I could go without Adelita's Way again....saw em' already.

Yes, yes indeed - it would be (to me, non expert) suicide to tour Europe or America again without a single or something new. They got some momentum but I don't think that can be kept up without any new product. Here's hoping Mr. Manager has been busy and Axl is feeling like "the good parts" on Scraped. They can do some good stuff if they get record company support/record company getting out of the way.

Release alternate versions or mixes on iTunes/Amazon/Website, 3 months after that put them in a bonus disc version of Chinese Democracy w/ 1 cutting room floor song and 1 'A' song they can do as a single.  3 months after that Chinese II: Electric Boogaloo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl seems pretty intent to continue to tour and push CD, unfortunately.  He doesn't seem half as excited as the other guys about recording new stuff. Even if it's DJ re-recording Robin's parts.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Thought it was a pretty cool story/review from a casual fan.  They CAN win people over, and are doing so on a regular basis.  Unfortunately though, not enough people are taking notice for it to make any major difference.

I don't know man, I think it'll make a difference over time. For example, in Detroit I brought 11 people total including myself, 9 of which had never seen GN'R. Every one of them at some point said something like this to me prior to the show "Hey man, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, EVERY ONE I know told me not to take a chance on this show". 8 of the 9 walked away completely blown away and posted all over their fb pages about how incredible the show was. I looked over a few of the threads and most of them end up with their friends posting something like "Oh wow, I had no idea, maybe I'll check them out next time"

Positive word of mouth works wonders. Unfortunately I think they've done so much damage with the 2002 tour and then again in the 2006 tour(I cant' believe that Iwas unfortunate enough to catch the only two terrible shows of that tour. I honestly believe that tour was probably inconsistent as hell).

the 2006 tour did enough damage that I had to give away the tickets I bought in 2010 to friends. One friend only came because I told him it was free and our seats would be better this time, the other friend only came because it was free and he had never seen Axl before and the third ticket I couldn't give away so he brought his 2 year old son(his first concert pretty cool)  the Show was fucking awesome so they won the guy over who came in 2006 and the friend who had never seen them was impressed. the kid was blown away. Mostly by the pyro I think 14  Unfortunately after this, despite how good it was both guys said they'd never pay to see it again because it's not Guns N' Roses and they've seen it now. So unless they release some kickass album that catches the publics attention I think the amount of fans they are gaining will be offset by the fans who have now seen Axl's Gn'R play "real" Gn'R's music and won't be botherd to go again.

I'm in that boat. As good as it is I've seen it. 4 times(3 in 2006, 1 in 2010) in 2 countries and 3 different venues so.... I mean what's my motivation to go again?  If I feel that way I can definitely see how others would as well.

they need a new album, that's really the bottom line.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i've seen them 5 times now...dunno if i'd go again or not...its a pretty damn awesome show so i probably would ... maybe

Board footer