You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Bono wrote:

I also had tickets to the Vancouver Riot.  That was lame but then again not everyone has had the opportunity to attend an official Guns N' Roses riot so....  16

saw them in 1993, still the best show of the bunch though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Seen them 3 times, and 2011 was the best yet.

I wouldn't hesistate to go again, although I will say there's a "limit" to how far i'll travel.

4 hour drive for the old band, oh yeah, 4 hours of the new band might be pushing it. Bring it down to 2-1/2 hours and i'll go for it.

Bono

Bono wrote:

If the old band(Matt or Steven) reunited I'd travel anywhere in north America really.  I travelled to New York for Hammerstein and I drove 12 hours at night through the fucking mountains in a  damn snow storm to see them in Vancouver in 2002 so....  Travelling for them makes sense to me given certain circumstances.

2002 - first tour in 9 years(RIOT)
2006 - Hammerstien shows were intimate and were suppsoed to be the rebirth of Gn'R
20?? - Reunion Gig

All worthy of travel

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

If the old band(Matt or Steven) reunited I'd travel anywhere in north America really.  I travelled to New York for Hammerstein and I drove 12 hours at night through the fucking mountains in a  damn snow storm to see them in Vancouver in 2002 so....  Travelling for them makes sense to me given certain circumstances.

2006 - Hammerstien shows were intimate and were suppsoed to be the rebirth of Gn'R
20?? - Reunion Gig

All worthy of travel

I don't think I ever knew (or I forgot) that you went to Hammerstein. Which show were you at?

I don't remember to be honest. I've got my ticket stub around somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and find out. I think I was at  the 2nd show but maybe the 3rd I don't know. I know I was at the Mustang Harry's for the pre party. I wore a U2 shirt with a big "U2" logo on the back so anyone who poasted at mygnr knew who I was even though by that time I had been banned for almost a  year 14 I remember DeezNuts from htgth was the only guy from that site to pick up on it.  Anyways we drank a  lot at Mustang's and were having a  great time. We kept meaning to leave but never did and never did and then finally someone was like "Holy shit it's 11:00!" and we ran to the show in the rain and it was late but we got in and got wicked seats(front row center on the balcony). Got even more beer at Hammerstein and I was shocked they let me buy as many as I could carry. I bought eight and caried them in trays like you get at fast food joints. 16 the show was a wicked time. I remember making out for the entire song of November Rain. felt like highschool was funny though cause I made it so I was facing the stage and I was watching the performance while making out with the chick. I didn't wanna miss the show.:haha: That was a good 4 days. Lots of sex and lots of beer,  Gn'R and a Nets vs Heat playoff game with courtside seats right across from Jay-Z and Beyonce.   

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

christmas break!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:

20?? - Reunion Gig

All worthy of travel

Wow!  Bono says positive things about GNR.  Apocalypse has arrived!  tongue  Just pulling your leg buddy.  *lol*  I drove 5 hours to see them in 06 and drove all the way back after the show with no sleep.  And it was tougher on my wife cause when we got home, she had to go to work.  Was it worth it?  Somewhat.  It was the tour where you could not hear Axl's voice.  Well we couldn't hear his voice on that night.  And I remember you said something similar about the shows you had seen back in Edmonton or Calgary.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and one wonders why one can't get into canada roll

Board footer