You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Sky Dog wrote:

something from the Tool board....their fans are as picky as Gnr fans....same shit we debate about Axl....

"MJK had somewhat of an off night. Forgetting an entire verse of lyrics to Schism and botching a handful of other parts throughout, including some in Lateralus and Aenema. That's fine but the mistakes were a bit uncharacteristic for him. He's probably still thinking about Puscifer at the moment.

And I really think he is paying a price on those old vocal chords by tackling Hooker and Ticks in a set like this. He was very careful with his range.

MJK musings aside- HOLY SHIT! The energy of the band was something to behold! Was it loose and a bit sloppy at times? Yes. But the set list was great. Danny and Justin came prepared as always and Adam was a rock. And props to MJK for really leaning into the vocals on Hooker. I probably could have walked out right after it was done and been happy forever."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i cant wait to see tool next week!

Sky Dog wrote:

Setlist Sunday night:

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism (Extended Intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Ænema

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that looks like an awesome set! i've only seen them once before and they didnt play hooker with penis so will be awesome to see that track if they keep it in...does tool alterante their setlists or do they just roll with whatever?

bt funny that gnr fans are pissed at like 22 songs or whatever and TooL for instance has 11...(albiet they are alot longer tracks) anyway Jan 26 baby...gonna kick ass! reserved floor seating....i'm 3rd row just left of centre stage! 9

Sky Dog wrote:

Pretty much the same setlist every night...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

wonder if MJK calls his fans "TOOLS"

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And before people go fucking crazy with the "look where U2 & Bon Jovi are at"...

Look at the figures. The total gross profits are based on average show profits, times dates of shows played.

Most of the artists about Guns, played 2-3 times the amount of dates in North America than Guns did.

Based on what I read, Guns haul was about average compared with most other artists on a percentage basis, the exception being HUGE draw stadium acts like U2 & Kenny Chesney.

For example: Elton John was #6 overall, with a $51.8 million gross. But his ticket prices were twice that of Guns, plus he did twice the amount of shows. Does he still come out on top? Yes. Based on comparison levels, GN'R still draws about Katy Perry numbers. And Katy Perry is SHOVED down the throats of America. Frankly i'm astonished with the complete lack of advertising on GNR's end and promotion, that they do what they do.

where are u getting this math?

Katy Perry numbers?? She drew avg 11k GNR 6500?

How is that Katy Perry numbers?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not the amount of attendence, it's the amount of money.

Katy did twice as many shows at a similar price rate.

So think about it. Double the GN'R number from $11mil to $22mil.

So granted we're all poor and $6 million seems like a shit ton of money. But I think for the fact that Katy Perry is supposed to be a superstar, is shoved down the throats of the masses, actually has a multi-hit record to push, and GN'R would be profit equivalent of $22mil to $28mil based on those numbers...

It either makes Guns look alot better or it makes Katy look alot worse.

Take your pick

-D-

-D- wrote:

Guns looks bad.. i am sorry but i can't lower my expectations to think 6500 avg for one of the greatest brands of all time is a good thing.

u have to compare GNR to their peers for better or worse to show Axl really isn't GNR by himself.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i just watched the 12-17-06 dvd. what a fuckin show! axl sounding the best he ever did! and when izzy appears on stage, all hell breaks loose! anytime one of the old members appears on stage, even the most hardcore axlite has to realise, who should perform together as guns n roses. just imagine the crowd reaction, if slash went up there...

Board footer