You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah the late notice doesn't make it easy for you guys to arrange things to get there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Touring brings in cash.  Cash is seemingly needed to fund future albums.  I for one would rather see the band active than inactive, so I'm not about to complain about what we don't have.

You cannot be serious. The album is fucking done. It's been done for years, if not more.

So you're telling me that Axl's gotta tour because Uni isn't gonna even pony up to promote what already exists because they're still pissed over CD?

Bullshit

Either A) Axl doesn't have any intentions of new material, or B) Uni is blackmailing Axl into a reunion (what i've speculated all these years).

I'd lean to A. Uni likes making money, and a new album is guaranteed to make SOME money, even if it's not popular and sucks.

Total horseshit. All we should be hearing is, "new track", "album comes out in May". That's it. Europe doesn't need a THIRD Chinese tour.

In what sense is an album "fucking done"?  In the same sense that Chinese Democracy was "fucking done" in 2002 or 2006?  Just because the album is "fucking done" in your opinion doesn't mean it'll be "fucking released" anytime soon.  I don't claim to know the reasons why.  Maybe it's not "fucking done".  Maybe they need "fucking more money".  Maybe the label "fucking doesn't care".  In the meantime, the band continues to "fucking tour CD". 

I get that you, and others think it's ridiculous.  I do too.  But when exactly is the last time this band hasn't been or done something considered to be ridiculous?  It's par for the course.  So I'd expect nothing less.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hope I can snag some tickets the feb 10th show since it's my bday the next day. Would be killer.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've pretty much decided to go for Chicago tickets and see what happens.

Thats the spirit! I got 3 friends coming to the 10th. I just hope I can get tickets tomorrow morning with no trouble.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

So I called ticketmaster and the guy said they arent selling tickets for the roseland show.. Strange. Guess only on GNR site and the Roseland box office?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Six shows confirmed so far including the historic return to The Ritz (now Webster Hall), 24 years after the filming of their heralded "Live At The Ritz" — the MTV concert continues to be one of the most sought after trades in bootleg circles. For the Webster Hall date, GN'R will celebrate their return by reclaiming the venue as The Ritz with signage and the name appearing on the marquee

why the fuck would they do this? It just highlights that its not the same band all over again..

Exactly what I was thinking. All it's going to do is increase the number of YouTube searches for Ritz 88. 14

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Naltav wrote:

If something else happens during these dates (new songs, announcement of next album), I guess that's kinda cool.

That'd be nice.

But trust me, won't happen. Axl's gang has ties to the Fashion week, John Varvatos, Donatella Versace, et al. This little club tour is a chance to make an extra buck, and maybe, do something witty like shooting a show at "The Ritz". Whether that gets done (let alone released) is another thing entirely.

Money, mostly.

Board footer