You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

BLS-Pride wrote:

It would be awesome if they gave us forum members a presale password early.. I def do not wanna miss out on this. It's too perfect of timing for me.. If I can get tickets to the 10th then I will literally ring in my birthday with Axl and the boys.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Naltav wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Did I miss something, are they dropping a new album, or is it the same Chinese democracy tour again?

I've noticed Metallica are planning a tour of Europe in the coming months. I have heard they're also gonna be recording during 2012.

So are they touring Death Magnetic from 2008? No, the Lou Reed album doesen't count! No, they're touring with their hits (actually they're litteraly touring The Black Album from 1991, playing the whole album start to finish!) and playing songs the fans want to hear and see.

Well I consider myself a supporter of the new band but it's hardly the same situation.

Since 1992 metallica have released 4 studio albums, 4 live albums, a covers album and now LuLu - and that's not including stuff like the EPs with B sides and that kind of thing.

GNR have released 1 album, 1 Live Album and a covers album.

Now it's not just about the quantity I guess, as some of those extra metallica albums arn't so good. But it's the mentality of things.

Metallica have done shows with traditional rival bands (megadeth) and unusual stuff for better or worse.

Can't see GNR doing a tour with VR. Can't see GNR deciding to play UYI1 from start to finish.

I think a closer comparision would be Ac/Dc - 1 album every 10 years or so and always the same setlist with a couple of recent songs added.

I don't have a problem with it...just saying it's not really the same thing.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

What is with the association with Fashion Week? Doesn't sound very "Rock n Roll" to me.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well presale is gone for the Roasland show.. says something about the livenation app? what the fuck is this bullshit now.

Yeah Aussie, Fashion week isn't very rock n roll but I guess trendy hipsters like GNR?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That "Ritz" show is going to be crazy. I wonder if any special guests will show up? *cough* Izzy *cough*

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Associating with fashion week makes sense when you date models wink

Ritz thing will be interesting. Be cool to see GNR in a smaller intimate setting like that again. Hope Axl busts out some more of the Chinese tracks again for us hardcores.

Had a listen to the 09 version of Twat, Scraped and If the World the other day and it made me want them back.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

That "Ritz" show is going to be crazy.

Nah. Axl is pretty boring these days. No riots or stage-diving. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Guns N' Roses announces new U.S. concerts - see tour dates
Posted 01/30/2012 11:17 AM PT by Corinne Heller
Guns N' Roses is set to embark on a new mini-tour of several clubs, including three venues in New York during the city's annual Fashion Week.

Guns N' Roses may release a new album soon, guitarist DJ Ashba says
The series of concerts kicks off on February 10 at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan and ends on February 24 at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The band, headed by original singer Axl Rose, had in 2011 toured the United States, performing at larger venues.

No gigs took place in New York City, but the concerts did attract celebrity attendees such as Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise, who hung out with the band backstage, as seen in photos posted on guitarist DJ Ashba's Facebook page.

Six shows for the new mini-tour have been confirmed "so far", according to a statement posted on the band's website on Monday, January 30, which also said a concert at Webster Hall marks the group's "historic return" to The Ritz, which was the venue's name in the 1980s. Guns N' Roses and other top rock groups performed gigs that that aired on MTV as part of its "Live from the Ritz" series.

"For the Webster Hall date, GN'R will celebrate their return by reclaiming the venue as The Ritz with signage and the name appearing on the marquee," the statement said.

The band also has something else to look forward to - on April 14, Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, joining newcomers that include the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Beastie Boys.

The inclusion of Guns N' Roses raises the possibility of several of the band's most known musicians reuniting on stage for the first time in about 20 years. Rock Hall inductions of the past have brought together former members of groups such as The Police and The Eagles.

Rose is the only original member of Guns N' Roses. Musicians such as drummer Steven Adler, bassist Duff McKagan and guitarists Izzy Stradlin and Slash quit or were ousted from the band amid drug issues, legal disputes and creative differences.

If Axl and the other guys will consider doing it, it would be a dream come true for me," Adler told Rolling Stone, when asked about a stage reunion, adding: "The drama hasn't stopped for 25 years. I don't foresee it stopping, but I know there's love between all five of us. I know there is. Not just four of us, five of us. Five. We owe it to the fans. The LEAST we can do is give them one great performance."

Rose has not commented. Nowadays, The 49-year-old performs with other musicians under the band's name, but Guns N' Roses in its current form is not as popular as it was in the 1980s and 1990s, when it released hits such as "Sweet Child of Mine," "Don't Cry," "November Rain" and "Paradise City."

Tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony are sold out. The event set to air on the HBO cable network in early May.

The ticket presale for Guns N' Roses' mini-tour begins on Tuesday, January 31 at 10:00 a.m. ET. You can get tickets at gunsnroses.com.

Check out Guns N' Roses' new tour dates below.

February 10 - Roseland Ballroom, New York, NY
February 12 - Terminal 5, New York, NY
February 15 - Webster Hall (formerly The Ritz), New York, NY
February 19 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL
February 23 - The Fillmore, Silver Spring, MD
February 24 - House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

what do i have to do to have a chance at getting tickets online for the h.o.b chicago? for the pre sale i mean. am i gna need a password? if so, how do i get one? any info you all may have wld be appreciated. thanks

Board footer