You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Neemo wrote:

congrats BLS!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

if you want to see GNR up close and personal its as easy as going to one of their US Arena shows and walking past 500 people to the front of the stage.

Pretty much. I get the whole concept of acoustic concerts being special moments and very rock n' roll, but honestly when you've been right beside the stage and touched and shook hands and made contact and been apart of an actual ARENA show that up close and personal... up close and personal becomes "been there done that"

It's cool and I recommend it, but going broke on it after you've already done it before a couple times is kinda stupid.

Like Bono... maybe for a reunion. I've already seen this version of GN'R up close and personal.

Bono wrote:

these club dates are very fucking cool, awesome for those who want to go and will get to go. However I can't justify travelling for THIS band. As great as they are it's just not worth it to me. Now IF these club dates were a lead up to the big RRHOF reunion with the original band I'd be there in a  fucking heart beat. I'd be at all 3 New York shows no questions asked.   But sadly as great as the new band is it's getting boring. Yes they've thrown a  twist into things with some "club" dates but where the fuck is talk of new material? Honestly....... I don't wanna come off negative but at what point does this band ever feel the need to move on and become their own entity.  I just don't get it anymore, I really don't.

I get it. This is the music world we live in today. Bands, even GN'R (reunion or current) are becoming throwbacks. Tour tour tour, and when you catch your breath add more dates, and TOUR!

But regardless of the template change for artists, it doesn't change how I feel as a fan.

Once i've seen the show (me in 2011, you in 2010) -- i've seen it. It's done.

I've seen two Chinese Democracy tours. And it was cool. Now it's time for another album.

Anything else, best of luck to them, just send me the bootleg, I might take a look/listen.

This band only has TWO things to offer me right now, and nothing more. A new album, or a reunion, or a combination of both. That's it.

Congrats to BLS on the tix. Enjoy it man! 9

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I get it. This is the music world we live in today. Bands, even GN'R (reunion or current) are becoming throwbacks. Tour tour tour, and when you catch your breath add more dates, and TOUR!

But regardless of the template change for artists, it doesn't change how I feel as a fan.

Once i've seen the show (me in 2011, you in 2010) -- i've seen it. It's done.

I've seen two Chinese Democracy tours. And it was cool. Now it's time for another album.

Anything else, best of luck to them, just send me the bootleg, I might take a look/listen.

This band only has TWO things to offer me right now, and nothing more. A new album, or a reunion, or a combination of both. That's it.

Congrats to BLS on the tix. Enjoy it man! 9

Yeah pretty much. I tried to see the abnd in Vancouver 2002, saw the band three times in 2006(one in Hammerstein small venue) and then again in 2010 so like you've I've been there done that and it's time for new material. That's just how I feel. I had a buddy who emailed me today asking if I heard Guns N' Roses is playing a few shows in New York. He thought it was a reunion because he heard they were getting inducted into the RRHOF. He wanted to go. When I emailed him back to say it's not a reunion and it's still the new band he replied with  "Oh... well fuck that."   

In my opinion Axl is to blame for that attitude because instead of building up this new era of Gn'R with regular music releases he's fucked around with what is basically a  tribute act.  Over the last 15 years he's given the public very little reason to like this abnd let alone care about this band. But whatever it's how it is and those who want to go see these shows and do get to go will have a great time.

As for the "UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL" thing it is funy when you've been as close as you can get in an arena. I'll never be closer to U2 than I was in Edmonton 2011 or Toronto 2009 and those were in stadiums with 60 000 +. BUT if U2 was playing one of these venues I'd give everything to be there.... so I do understad the desire taht some have to attend these shows I really do.  They will be great shows no doubt about it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not saying anyone's right or wrong, but I obviously take the opposite approach. Any time my favorite band is performing and I have the means to watch it, I'd love to.

Me too.

There's a handful of acts in the world that I believe are people of extraordinary talent - both Axl and Slash are amongst them.

To me it's a privilege. Like having been alive to see the real Shakespeare version of Romeo and Juliette or see Mozart perform his works.

While as a fan I have the obvious desire for new music, because his songs change my life, if Axl doesn't want to share it or isn't ready to or whatever, seeing him live is an absolute pleasure and a treat.

I would always go if it's at all possible for me to go.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

If they were doing a small venue in my city I would be all over it!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer