You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not saying anyone's right or wrong, but I obviously take the opposite approach. Any time my favorite band is performing and I have the means to watch it, I'd love to.

That isn't the opposite approach 16 It's exactly what I said. I said I get it because if it was U2 I'd be there in a  heartbeat. Meaning I understad the desire to attend when it's your favorite band.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Congrats to BLS on the tix. Enjoy it man! 9

+ 1 & to everyone going to these gigs

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I get it. This is the music world we live in today. Bands, even GN'R (reunion or current) are becoming throwbacks.

Yeah pretty much.

In my opinion Axl is to blame for that attitude because instead of building up this new era of Gn'R with regular music releases he's fucked around with what is basically a  tribute act.

2 things here, slightly similar tho...

it IS desperately sad that Axl so suddenly & for so long became that stereotypical artist who has to take a break from their fame.
& he IS to BLAME for the direction they've gone in. [b]a direction which has relegated from the level they were, & deserve to be at, to a level of mediocore soft-rock USA bands like Journey Heart etc. & at a stretch Areosmith & Grand Funk.
GnR were once pioneers* or a virulent strand of rock n roll. now they're reduced to a touring act, in support of a DOA album from 5yrs ago no less. of course Axl is to blame [amongst others, unfortunately - tho a lot of that is more of axl's particular fault].

Bono wrote:

As for the "UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL" thing it is funy when you've been as close as you can get in an arena.

only two time i've been unable to get to front of GnR gig - Duble RDS '06when they had a shitty crowd divider thing that pearl jam & a lot of festivals/big gigs have these days & then at Belfast '10 when there was just too many people there! the next night in Dublin '10 i was able to waltz right up to the front despite coming in @ around 10:10pm (which was early, of course....)

Aussie wrote:

If they were doing a small venue in my city I would be all over it!

+ 1, of course.
(+ really glad to see them doing Chicago & AC & not just NYC/LA/London/Paris.)

tho how much of this is old plans that didn't work out 2-3 maybe 5 yrs ago??

*just because rock acts proverbially 'wear their heart on their sleeve' regarding their influences doesn't automatically diminish their incendiary nature or originality.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I couldn't not go and see axl rose in a club setting, Shit like that doesn't happen, plus its my birthday so it was a no brainer. I got seats on the last leg of the tour so this time around ill be snake dancing in the middle of the crowd then starting a pit during this I love, yeah this I love. 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

I guess this means The Ritz are sold out and VIP only for the remaining NYC shows!

gunsnroses: THANK YOU NYC for the overwhelming support! Still a limited number of VIP tickets for NYC shows available here http://t.co/vuSpsYTb
thu, feb 02 04:30:55 from Twitter for Android

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I couldn't not go and see axl rose in a club setting, Shit like that doesn't happen, plus its my birthday so it was a no brainer. I got seats on the last leg of the tour so this time around ill be snake dancing in the middle of the crowd then starting a pit during this I love, yeah this I love. 16

If I was in NYC, I wouldn't hesistate to hit up The Ritz 2012 show. Just for the kinda historical relevance that is for GN'R. Obviously that is gonna be THE show I think all fans across the world are gonna be eye-balling.

Then again, Rock In Rio means alot in the history of GN'R. We all know how that went last year. 16

russtcb wrote:

Not saying anyone's right or wrong, but I obviously take the opposite approach. Any time my favorite band is performing and I have the means to watch it, I'd love to.

I'd love to see them bring back the PPV concept from the LA & Vegas shows last tour. Obviously the technical glitches need to be worked out. But i'd love to stay apart of the GN'R on tour experience from the comfort of my own home.

After you've already seen the show in person, PPV's like that become alot less hassel, far cheaper, and relaxing.

I'd love to see that continue. If GN'R really got their heads together and became a strong touring act they could archive all kinds of shows on demand and for download for a monthly subscription price on the new website. That would be fuggin' awesome!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I'd love to see them bring back the PPV concept from the LA & Vegas shows last tour. Obviously the technical glitches need to be worked out. But i'd love to stay apart of the GN'R on tour experience from the comfort of my own home.

After you've already seen the show in person, PPV's like that become alot less hassel, far cheaper, and relaxing.

I'd love to see that continue. If GN'R really got their heads together and became a strong touring act they could archive all kinds of shows on demand and for download for a monthly subscription price on the new website. That would be fuggin' awesome!

I'd also love for this to happen!  9

There are a gezillion ways to do stuff like this. The fact that they've done it at least four times allready, shows that there are no legal, publishing, label-whatever obstacles stopping them!

Earlier today I tweeted Fernando and GNR and asked if there were plans on some iClips streaming from the club-gigs. No response so far...

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I have the Gold VIP for Chicago.  I will be heading for the center of the rail.  I haven't done that for 20 years.  I've seen Metallica, Ozzy, Motorhead, Nirvana, and Black Sabbath from the rail.  Time to cross Guns of that list and let my body heal nicely the week following.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Congrats, Russ.  I may stay off of the beer for this show.  I am aiming for the rail so I think sober and not having to piss all night will make for the most enjoyable show for me.

Board footer