You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The 3rd Chinese (How Are You Grenade) Has Surfaced! (FAKE?)

Sky Dog wrote:

"Like other A&R men before him, Zutaut had lasted a year.  Today, he thinks he got close to finishing the album: “By the time I left, I felt there were probably 11 or 12 tracks that just needed final mixes. I would’ve given it another three months for a few more overdubs and three for mixing. We could have had a record out for September 2002 – worst case scenario, out spring of ’03.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/feat … d-odyssey/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The 3rd Chinese (How Are You Grenade) Has Surfaced! (FAKE?)

Axlin16 wrote:

Notice that timeframe. I always wondered if Iovine slammed the breaks on an album after the bizarre reaction the VMA's got. That Interscope DID NOT want nor did they feel they could push that as Guns N' Roses and push an album to the audience of the time.

Ironically, in hind-sight, the post 2002-VMA show was the most press they got since Slash quit in 1996. That's when the album should've been rushed into stores to snag any kind of momentum, and possibly a video for Madagascar that mixed the VMA footage with the 2002-studio cut of the song, and then just went ahead and dropped it as a single.

What could it hurt looking back?

However... Axl himself told Loder immediately after the show that they were nowhere close to putting the album out. Not in those exact words, but it obviously wasn't happening anytime soon.

Board footer