You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans

misterID wrote:
Riad wrote:

AXl doesn't give a shit about bad journalsim

I think Axl is a complex person, with his own veiw of what a fan is. We've seen what his view of a fan is supposed to be as it's trickled down from him, to his camp, to the hangers on to his camp, to the douchebag hanger ons that run his views of a fan through their message boards.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl doesn't give a goddamn shit about his fans.

Otherwise he'd have the ACTUAL Guns N' Roses up there on stage, come hell or high water, and he'd stick his ego in his pocket to do it.

'nuff said

Fake band = don't care

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My theory is that it's a lot harder to be Axl than people who do not have Axl's personalty realise.

Every time someone gets shat off with Axl is because they want Axl to do something, and they have assumed that he is actually able to do those things.

Bottom line for me is that I'm not so sure that is the case.

People interpret it as him not giving a shit, but maybe this is just the best he can do. Maybe he's just that sensitive a guy. I mean he writes a lot of emotional stuff, it's clear he has depth of emotion.

The time you were angry with him for showing up late, maybe it took incredible will power to conquor the voice in his head telling him he's not good enough to peform anymore.

The time you were angry with him for tinkering with the new album, maybe he's spent years desperately trying to make what he hears in his head a reality and find people who can really work with him.

The time you were upset with him for not reuniting, maybe it's because he knows he's unable to change the things about himself that drove the other band members away, and maybe he doesn't have the life skills to know how to woo them back anyway.

The time he talked shit about the fans, it's maybe because he takes every negative thing said about him by the 60% of the music world that hates him to heart.

The times he goes silent may be because he's too upset about other things to cope with the pressure of GNR.

All the hate comes from an expectation and assumption that he CAN  change or that what he does is his choice. But if that's his personality what's the guy to do. He had two choices - get control of the band - run it as best he can with his issues, or let Slash/Duff and the lads control the band and wait until his issues caused them to kick him out. He did what had to be done to survive at the end of the day. And he had the smarts to know that about the situation and himself.

I think Axl would probably like to have been able to maintain a solid line up. He'd probably liked to have had a 30 year stable marrage or something too. He'd probably like to release a brilliant album every year. But that's not how things have gone.

I'm not saying the guy is a saint, I'm saying he's a guy who does what he can. Sure he maybe makes some of his own problems. But you can only work with the mind you are born with. Axl's mind is angry or whatever but it also writes amazing music. That's just who he seems to be. That he keeps reforming CD line ups, evnetually got an album out under a GNR banner that wasn't supported by most of the world, that he still gets out there and plays shows despite all the issues of GNR...to me it shows a fuckload of tenacity, and I respect him for that.

I think to say he doesn't care for fans is overly simplistic. It's probably fair to say that fans are given a lower priority than his own survival but who wouldn't. He is who he is, and I'm always grateful for all the music he has given us.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl cares about his fans the way Axl thinks it's right to care about this fans. Like monkey says, saying he doent' care is overly simplistic. If you were to ask Axl, he would say he care a whole lot and doesn't understand why people turn on him. That's what it is in Axl's world.

But even so, I feel this is a bit like being 17 and whine that your rock n' roll hero doesn't love you enough or something. I care as little about Axl than what he cares about his fans, and interpret that any way you like. GNR and Axl is justa a rock band, an album here, an album in 10 years. It's what it is. People spending emotional time being upset over Axl's relationship to his so called "fan-base" should get another hobby.

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:

But even so, I feel this is a bit like being 17 and whine that your rock n' roll hero doesn't love you enough or something. I care as little about Axl than what he cares about his fans, and interpret that any way you like. GNR and Axl is justa a rock band, an album here, an album in 10 years. It's what it is. People spending emotional time being upset over Axl's relationship to his so called "fan-base" should get another hobby.

you don't get it, or care enough. & frankly i'm a little insulted. my whole life is dedicated to my hobbies - i'm a culture junkie.
you think there's enough in the 3 (or 4 or maybe 5) GnR albums to sustain an obsession? no that's not what my complaints are.
it's not "just a rock band". without music, life would be an error. it's a means of survival. it's a power source & i need that energy & for me, what exists in the GnR catalogue is as value i thrive upon more than almost anything except my family.

& i think to a certain extent axl shares a similar belief in that power - i see this thru his obsession with 70's rock, as that other great philosophiser said "everyone knows rock achieved perfection in 1974". my complaint is he has this device that he refuses to share & refuses to share with people who actually care.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

My theory is that it's a lot harder to be Axl than people who do not have Axl's personalty realise.

Every time someone gets shat off with Axl is because they want Axl to do something, and they have assumed that he is actually able to do those things.

Bottom line for me is that I'm not so sure that is the case.

I'm not saying the guy is a saint, I'm saying he's a guy who does what he can. Sure he maybe makes some of his own problems. But you can only work with the mind you are born with. Axl's mind is angry or whatever but it also writes amazing music.

i disagree with the bolded part especially. he doesn't do all that he can. he's a lazy fat fucker.

now i know he gets a pass for his wrecked head but that only excuses so much.
he was able to change into an ego-maniac diva once GnR got big, why isn't he able to chance into a more humble person?

it seems like his god/jesus complex is just outta control, in relation to his former (& current??) bandmates/business dealings & his fans.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

With all due respect, you know nothing about what Axl Rose can and cannot do. None of us do.

I'm sorry but I can't get away from my original point. If you truly believe all of these about Axl Rose then why haven't you walked away yet?

"Why do you look at me when you hate me?"

I really do get your point of "I see so much potential and to see it wasted pisses me off" (I'm paraphrasing you, so correct me if I'm completely wrong but I think that's your overall point). But what I don't get is, why get upset about it? If GN'R could be so much more than they are and they're not all because of one guy and you really believe this guy doesn't care about his fans, then why bother with him?

mate, if Bono/Hetfield et al can do something there's no reason why Axl can't. he's done it before ffs - he's managed to release records & video's in the past. it seems simply a matter of desire - & if that is the case he should offer the fans a little clarity of his intentions.

i've explained why i bother. cause it means something. i connect with the underlying principles of Guns N Roses. what this means to me is more than i know he believes!
it's something i don't want to see decaying. i want it to be vital & alive. or i want it to be finished & let it's legacy be what it is. instead of this situation we have at the minute which is staining & spoiling the legacy & power & truth of what is found in GnR & Axl's songs & performances.

Lomax wrote:

i connect with the underlying principles of Guns N Roses.

There is really something in there isn't there? I've often felt that, there's something at the heart of their music that goes a little deeper or is a little more honest than the average.

I think that's why I care too.

I'm all for integrity (Axl's got it in spades) but not to the point that it ruins lives ya know?

Isn't the idea that it makes your life better rather than just being about showboating and being "look at my integrity I took 17 years to do an album and never backed down". He seems to mythicize that.

I'm stubborn I don't back down much either and I like that. But if I had a truck load of burning elephants hurtling out of the sky towards me (which is probably even less likely than it already sounds) I'd back all the way down in a moment.

His biggest enemy is thinking that all his moral leanings MUST be in some way a good thing when obviously they're not.

I don't believe he's lazy, I believe he's deluded

Board footer