You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

the thing about it being "it is what it is" is that (that's a lot of is's) throughout CD-era 99-08 every so often we'd get Axl or even Tommy (& Merck) blaming other people for what went wrong & why things took so damn long.

now we're post-CD & absolutely nothing has changed. so who is to blame? & if it's not Axl, if it's still his enemies, then why is he letting them dictate what happens to GnR?
& if it's not other people who are to blame then i think Axl should admit to the fans his intentions for the band. if he doesn't want to release anything then tell us & we can let it go, if he does want to do something there is no excuses that i can see that is stopping him except his own cowardice & malfunctions & they are no longer excusable.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Blame is highly overrated in society these days.  At this point, who is to blame doesn't matter.  What matters is that the situation hasn't changed in almost 20 years.  There's no reason to expect it to change now.  Why that is means nothing.  Even if you knew who was to blame, what would be different?

If you really want to blame someone, you have to blame Axl.  It's impossible to really blame anybody else now.  Most people don't even bother trying anymore.  Gradually people stopped believing the excuses coming from the camp and realized that all of the people that have been blamed over the years may have played a role in whatever that specific situation was, but at the end of the day, there's only one person involved in every situation. 

So does that really matter at all?  I don't think it does.  What if it was all Tommy's fault?  Or Slash's fault?  Heck, let's blame Bush...everything seems to be his fault.  Does that really change the situation at all?  I guess maybe you feel just a little better about it, but really the situation stays the same. 

That's why I feel blame is highly overrated.  It doesn't change anything and it only makes you more bitter.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

he doesn't do all that he can. he's a lazy fat fucker.

Well that's where we disagree.

I'm not saying he does all ANYONE can do I'm saying it's possible he does all HE can do.

Someone else, with a different personality, maybe a bono or a hetfield or whatever may be able to adjust to superstardom in a way that's more benifical, but that doesn't mean everyone can.

We are all different. Is a zebra that gets caught by a lion lazy? No it's just that some other zebras managed to run faster but the zebra that died probably did the best it could not to be eaten.

You say he could do more. That he's lazy. But how do we know this? How do we know that what he gives isn't absolutely 100% of his ability to cope with the unusual life he is leading and has led.

Of course I don't know these things either. I'm just saying people who are mad at him - in my opinion that anger stems from an assumption that he isn't trying - that he doesn't give a shit - and that's pure speculation.

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

At this point, who is to blame doesn't matter.  What matters is that the situation hasn't changed in almost 20 years.  There's no reason to expect it to change now.  Why that is means nothing.  Even if you knew who was to blame, what would be different?

the point of being able to attribute blame is to extrapolate the lies & deceit that has been perpetrated on the fanbase by those who are guilty.
if we know who is to blame we know how much of a shit axl gives about the fans.
if it's his fault it looks like conclusive evidence that he doesn't give a shit about the fans. if it's not his fault then fair enough.

it is impossible to blame anyone else now. the behaviour since CD's release is testament to that. i'm repeating myself now but it's 4 years since CD was officially released & there's been no hint of anything in the pipeline. now who is to blame for this new silence? axl will be like the boy who cried wolf if he can't provide some proper answers & puts it on the record label & conspiracy's from his former bandmates.
there really is no excuse. & the last 4 years would suggest that there were, maybe not lies, but excuses that stretched credibility during the CD-era (finding out about a tour thru the internet, cancelling rio due to bucket's illness, bucket's departure & whatever the fuck else bs axl spouted those years)

if axl is to blame then he's lied to the fans.
if he's lied to the fans he doesn't give a shit about them. that's why who is to blame is important regarding this thread. in general i agree it isn't important 'cause what's done is done, but it would help answer the question of my poll if we knew.

johndivney wrote:
Riad wrote:

I'm all for integrity (Axl's got it in spades) but not to the point that it ruins lives ya know?

I don't believe he's lazy, I believe he's deluded

yea axl's integrity is a flaky thing. he seems to pick his battles badly. he can show integrity in not releasing a record & playing hardball with his record label but where's his integrity when it comes to playing a show for fans who have to get home @ a certain time, or maybe changing the setlist once in a while?

as for his delusions/laziness. i think both factor into it. he is deluded in the battles that he picks & some of the actions he takes & you just wonder what is the fucking point? his energy could be better spent elsewhere. but that side of him has always been there.
as for the laziness again i got back to the last 4 years. ok there's been tours but there's also been a hell of a lot of down time & the only time he hinted @ working on material was waaaaaaaaaaaay back when CD was released & he did the chats & mentioned about doing the vocals on Soul Monster. he's lazy & a procrastinatorm i think that's been in evidence all throughout his time in GnR, it's always taken him ages to make an album.
now a lot of that time maybe is due to his methods of recording & creating but in the past 10 years i don't think we've seen any evidence of that. there hasn't been a new song written since bucket left. that's fucking lazy.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

You say he could do more. That he's lazy. But how do we know this?

we know this by the amount of time he devotes to lawsuits.
this year, or the last few months, there has been the excuse of ron's accident. that's ok. but there is no earthly reason why he wasn't able to write with ron before his car crash, yet we know he hasn't. what other excuse can there be except laziness?!

maybe, just maybe, RiR will see us turn a corner.
i don't believe that tho. but certainly the period after that leading up to the eventual US tour is a(nother) critical juncture for him.

Sky Dog wrote:

no.........I'm with Buzz and Russ. It is what it is and we can't do shit about it. "You either get on board or fuck off" My boy speaks the truth! 16

Sky Dog wrote:

not to be dorky....but all the signs were there in 1991.....pretty much him in a nutshell

When I look around
Everybody always brings me down
Well is it them or me
Well I just can't see
But there ain't no peace to found
But if someone really cared
Well they'd take the time to spare
A moment to try and understand
Another one's despair
Remember in this game we call life
That no one said it's fair

I've come to know the cold
I think of it as home
When there ain't enough of me to go around
I'd rather be left alone
But if I call you out of habit I'm out of love and
I gotta have it
Would you give it to me if I fit your needs
Like when we both knew we had it
But now the damage's done
And we're back out on the run
Funny how ev'rything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones

imsorry wrote:

RiR will be like 2001 we will come back next summer with a bunch of new songs HAHA and its fine for me but is time to stop and blame everybody else and assume his shit,after all he is just a guy with a huge ego that media and us made it even bigger ,im not emotional at all i dont spend my real life time thinking and making conspiracy theory etc,i could be wrong but is more easy them make another tour in Asia than an US tour i hope im wrong but this band is start to look like a cash maker band and there is no problem with that we just had to accept it.
I did; everything new from them is a bonus...

A big waste of talent ... but that is up to him...

Board footer