You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans

Naltav wrote:
Ali wrote:

Some will say he doesn't care because of the late starts, lack of communication, etc.  I could say that, as Axl himself said, if he didn't care, why would he give as much on stage as he does.  Why would he want the best of himself from a creative standpoint.

I think the question isn't so much does Axl care about the fans as it is does Axl express his caring and concern for the fans in the ways the fans would like him to?

Ultimately, I don't care if Axl cares about me as a fan or not.  He doesn't know me and will never know me, so nothing he does or doesn't do, can ever be a construed as a personal attack or grievance.  The only thing that really matters to me is whether or not he cares about himself enough as an artist to demand and give the best of himself on stage and in the studio.

As a fan, that will net the best end result for me in terms of performances and released music.

Ali

Well said!

johndivney wrote:

2 good posts back-to-back there from axlin & ali...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

While stuck on a long train ride I was thinking about this issue more.

I realised in the end it's irrelevant what he does or doesn't think of anyone.

All that matters is the music.

Did mozart give a shit about his fans?

What about the guy who made the first nursary rhyme? Was he a good dad?

Who the fuck knows or cares.

All that matters is the music left behind in the end.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bob Dylan hates his fans and doesn't give a shit what they like or don't like. It's probably somewhere near what Axl is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

What I've been wondering for a wee while now is, whats motivating Axl to release another record?

The expectation of CD was massive on a global scale, no matter how long it took, with so much money and everything else wrapped up in the saga, something had to be released to draw a line in the sand for good or bad.

Now what pressure is there? GNR are largely annonymous in the public domain, unless its as a punchline. Theres no demand for new material except from a pretty petty and hostile online fanbase. The band members seem to be a touring band only, we know of no recording unless its of solo work, of which there is plenty, and none of them seem to show any great desire to be taking GNR forward musically.

I was thinking about that Axl quote, was looking for it earlier, when he was asked about why he was silent for so long and he said something like "what I have to say, noone wants to hear..."

Do you think that frame of mind spills over to his music? Lets face it, when Axl is mentioned anywhere online or in the press its mostly in a negative context. Is it possible he see's all this and just thinks, "pffft fuck it, whats the point?"

I agree.  For every fan that's excited at the prospect of another GNR album, there's 10 people saying they could either care less or that it's 4 years overdue.  Plus, add in the nightmare it was to release CD, and the fact that that record sales are basically non-existent these days.  What is the motivation?

People, for the most part, have been against Axl Rose for the past 15 years in one way or another.  In a way, it's a wonder we've gotten as much out of him as we have.  He could've easily packed up his stuff and said, "I don't need this shit!"

I can only guess that in the end the reason he's still going at it is for love and money, and there's enough there for him to keep at it, as little as it may be.  I do wonder though, if he felt the world showed him more love instead of hate if his mood would have changed and we would've reaped the benefits.

And before anybody jumps on me, I'm not saying we should feel sorry for Axl.  I know he brought on A LOT of this stuff himself.  I'm just saying, like a lot of people, he seems quite sensitive.  And when things aren't going his way, the motivation probably isn't at an all time high.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Do you think that frame of mind spills over to his music? Lets face it, when Axl is mentioned anywhere online or in the press its mostly in a negative context. Is it possible he see's all this and just thinks, "pffft fuck it, whats the point?"

I agree.  For every fan that's excited at the prospect of another GNR album, there's 10 people saying they could either care less or that it's 4 years overdue.  Plus, add in the nightmare it was to release CD, and the fact that that record sales are basically non-existent these days.  What is the motivation?

People, for the most part, have been against Axl Rose for the past 15 years in one way or another.  In a way, it's a wonder we've gotten as much out of him as we have.  He could've easily packed up his stuff and said, "I don't need this shit!"

I can only guess that in the end the reason he's still going at it is for love and money, and there's enough there for him to keep at it, as little as it may be.  I do wonder though, if he felt the world showed him more love instead of hate if his mood would have changed and we would've reaped the benefits.

And before anybody jumps on me, I'm not saying we should feel sorry for Axl.  I know he brought on A LOT of this stuff himself.  I'm just saying, like a lot of people, he seems quite sensitive.  And when things aren't going his way, the motivation probably isn't at an all time high.

I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought down in this storm
And left so far out from the shore
That I can't find my way back, my way anymore

No I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought back in this storm
And left so far out from the shore
That I can't find my way back, my way anymore

in his lyrics he says he's still determined
that he doesn't give a flying toss what the haters say

but his actions speak differently

monkeychow wrote:

All that matters is the music left behind in the end.

in 100 years when we're all dead & gone (presumably)
but in the here & now it's a stream of shit we have to swim thru trying to get to the music. i dunno what it's like for you but if i try & enjoy GnR or discuss why i love their music there's always a few people ready to laugh & rip the piss due to the embarrassment they've become. not that i actually give a shit, it's their loss, the point is that it's there & it's hard work. whereas if things were even a little improved it would make a hell of a lot of difference.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True, but nothing holds you to giving a shit about his feelings when you boot his stuff because his image is that of a dick.

That has nothing to do with you - and everything to do with him.

Works both ways

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

That has nothing to do with you - and everything to do with him.

Works both ways

summed up perfectly..

Also having your music being remembered in these times is only half the fact. Modern media records your every move so not only will Axl be remembered for the music he made but also for the music he didn't make along with all the decisions he led that seeded the demise of the greatest RnR band since The Stones.

Axl will be forever held up as the cautionary tale about 'too much too soon' and the perils of letting your ego tun out of control.

We all know that that the real story around Axl and GNR has shades and nuances to it but no doubt they will be lost in time and a more brutal and salacious story told.

Board footer