You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

DCK wrote:

So, no new songs and Estranged. One hit, and one miss. No new songs is a disaster. Axl have had bad shows before, just too shitty it came at RIR, supposed to be a major comeback sort of deal. Not good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why should we expect the "band" to give it their all when their leader half assed it the whole show sans one song?!?!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why should we expect the "band" to give it their all when their leader half assed it the whole show sans one song?!?!

very good point. Imagine watching that shit as a member fo the band. Youd' be thinking to yourself "Are you fucking kidding me this shit again...." I'd be pissed at Axl if I was the band. Everyone else seeemd to be enjoying themselves and willing to power on but Axl seemd ready to go home after Jungle

Bono

Bono wrote:

the big question is where was James Lofton tonight?  haha

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

That was really painful to watch. Axl was so annoyed and frustrated by the end of it, I'm surprised he finished. I was stoked, and now I just don't know. I mean, I've bled GnR for years. I'd defend Axl til the bitter end. But man, tonight just hurt. I don't know what to think right now. I want to see him play, but I don't want to witness his downfall. I don't want him to become (more of) a joke. I want him to come out and kick ass. He did that with Estranged. And then fell all over the place. I'm hoping it was the weather, the techs, anything. But I just don't know.

Yeah, I think it's clear that something (or many things) pissed him off tonight.  I don't think he seemed uninterested from the start, but definitely something happened along the lines that got to him.  He stuck around and ever recovered at points, but it kept happening.  Just when things started to turn around, something else would piss him off.

I agree, he should man up and get over it in the end.  He did at points, but he was spent by the end.  It was sad to see it end that way, since this was such a highly publicized event.  If this was any regular show it'd be no big deal, but this was viewed by the world.  Hopefully they didn't notice as much as we did, but I don't think we're that lucky.

A disappointing night, and it pains me to say that.  Hopefully they can come back strong from this.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

After Patience and before PC it sounds like someone says (presumably to Axl):

"Aww Man I haven't seen you in a little over a year, it sounded pretty fucken good as far as I'm concerned".

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadca … DBLygh9Fuw

Yeah I heard that, but wasn't sure who said it to who.  Seems that the band planned on and expected to play a few more songs, but Axl had had enough.  Hopefully just one of his many temper tantrums, and they can coddle him and bring him back to life.  Just so frustrating.

Alright, time for bed.  It's almost 5 f'ing o'clock in the morning.  Can't believe I stayed up for that, and THAT'S the way it ended.  Oh wait, yes I can.  What more would you expect from this band.

At least "Estranged" was fantastic.  Should've called it a night after that.  Where's Marty McFly and Doc Brown when you need them?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

motherfucker.
get to rehearsal. or do karaoke in the living room.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

the big question is where was James Lofton tonight?  haha

I hope he gets a chance to watch it. He'll laugh his ass off. 16

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

If this was any regular show it'd be no big deal, but this was viewed by the world.  Hopefully they didn't notice as much as we did, but I don't think we're that lucky.

To be honest I think the general public that saw that they will be much more critical about than we are. they will look at it the way we would look at seeing a random band. the highlights don't outweight the lowlights when it's a cnstant back and forth between them both all night. That scenario equals a shitty fucking show to the average person.

If I went to see...  say.... Motley Crue and the show was anything like this I'd think it was absolutely terrible  but if I was  diehard Crue fan i'd probably think it wasn't all bad, there were some good moments.....

Make sense?

Bono

Bono wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

motherfucker.
get to rehearsal. or do karaoke in the living room.

Board footer