You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

So I missed all this cos of the time difference, I logged in full of expectation this morning (like an idiot) and it feels like Reading all over again!!

I've watched a couple of songs, Estranged, Jungle, ISE and to be honest I didn't think it was too bad. The sound wasn't great, there was a depth missing somehow both vocally and musically but that could be a mixing issue their end, my laptop, poor performance or just a mix of all the above. Having said that I've heard worse and it was first night, with no warm up shows as far as I know. So I guess they were bound to be a bit scratchy. I've only watched a fraction of the show though so maybe it gets worse.

Those fuming over no new material, well it was always a long shot anyway and maybe they'll break out some new stuff later in the tour. If they were having a bad night and they knew it was a bad night perhaps they made a call not to debut any new material. If you're sounding shit you can still play through the hits and 100,000 people can carry you, if you sound shit and nobody knows the song that stage is a very lonely place. 

We've seen plenty of 'beginning of the end' type nights before but it never is. Let's just see how the next few weeks pan out. You never know a live boot of The General might be the number one played song on your mp3 player by November tongue

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I watched the YouTube video of estranged, thx to whomever posted it.

Don't want to watch the rest, maybe TIL later.

Honestly though. You don't rehearse with your band. You miss your flight then turn up to rio looking like a grumpy teenage who's just been dragged off the couch by his mum.

Axl is probably paid more for that one performance than we will see in a lifetime. He's had more 'holiday' In the past year than we'll also get. He's got access to personal fitness instructors and vocal coaches.  He should've turned up like a prize fighter.

I'm so surprised promoters put up with this, but not surprised at all that the record company can't be bothered.

You simply can't turn up to tour and do your practice in the first few shows. I agree with the 'man up' sentiment.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Bono wrote:

the big question is where was James Lofton tonight?  haha

Amen where you at James?!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

if axl showed up for rehearls and did sit home eating a cow they would sound alright axl is just lazy a feel sorry for the band slash would be sitting home watching this laughing his head off

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

as for estranged it was ok he sung it way better in 92

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

That will be gnr last rock in rio show so make the most of it

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Didn't Axlin and I have a big discussion over "new songs/no new songs at RIR" a few months back? Who had the opinion there would be no new songs? Me or him? Do you remember that one Axlin? I expected new songs now, but I think I argued in the past I didn't really see it happening, or was that you? If you find it, would be an interesting read...

Next time Axl, go to reharsals you clown.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It amazes me how polar opposite my two favorite bands are. U2 plays Glastonbury, their first real set at a  festival in over 20 years and they deliver what was one of the best performances of their entire career. Guns N' Roses/Axl shows up to play the biggest festival in the world, one that means a lot to him personally and we all sit here scratching our heads in the aftermath wondering how the fuck it's lasted this long while falling so far. I don't get it.

It''s like having two children, one grows up  to be the president while the other becomes a washed up reality tv star.  And yet you love them both the same..... well almost and in much different ways   14

Like the one child you don't need to worry about cause when there's something to report they'll call and even when there's nothing new happening they'll call just to say hi. The other one you gotta keep your eye on them always just in case shit hits the fan and they dissapear for years on end with no communication or if they get into legal troubles or something...

It really is the same thing pretty much

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just watched Estranged again, and it's like a different band on that one song compared with the rest of the set. It's like they REALLY had something to prove by playing Estranged. Shame they didn't have that same attitude for the rest of the performance

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I watched the YouTube video of estranged, thx to whomever posted it.

Don't want to watch the rest, maybe TIL later.

Honestly though. You don't rehearse with your band. You miss your flight then turn up to rio looking like a grumpy teenage who's just been dragged off the couch by his mum.

Axl is probably paid more for that one performance than we will see in a lifetime. He's had more 'holiday' In the past year than we'll also get. He's got access to personal fitness instructors and vocal coaches.  He should've turned up like a prize fighter.

I'm so surprised promoters put up with this, but not surprised at all that the record company can't be bothered.

You simply can't turn up to tour and do your practice in the first few shows. I agree with the 'man up' sentiment.

Thats pretty much how I feel.

He doesnt look well though, whether its a poor lifestyle or a medical reason who knows, but I've honestly never seen him look so bloated tired and uninterested.

I find it hard to believe he has been working on a new album during this downtime, I find it hard to believe he even rehearsed once.
This perfomance has killed off any hope I had of this band ever rectifying the mess that surrounded the last album, things are still a mess. I'm not even disapointed anymore I'm so used to the total hamfisted half arsed efforts we get palmed off with, I'm actually more aghast that that they've managed to sully the name Guns N' Roses again.

I cant even be bothered watching anymore of this gig, it fucking sucked man 17

Board footer