You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Next Chapter or the Grand Finale?

It's hard to know what this will mean to Axl when it finally comes out.   This is all he's known of CD, it's all we've every known, it always coming out and never does, his intention to get it out and it never happens.
It sure will be a major change for him and it will for us if this ever does see the light of day.

I would hope that would be time for something else for Axl and GNR, if there really is 2 cd's behind this one, then it would seem to be that CD isn't the last and final work.   However if it takes more then another 5 years, I'll find it hard to believe that something else would follow.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think its already over. I think we've seen the last of them. No CD is coming. No tours. Nothing. Goodbye, don't forget to turn the lights out when you leave.

This is what I call a reality check...not always what you want to hear but the way it is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think its already over. I think we've seen the last of them. No CD is coming. No tours. Nothing. Goodbye, don't forget to turn the lights out when you leave.

This is what I call a reality check...not always what you want to hear but the way it is.

In my opinion there is absolutely no chance we've seen the last of GNR at this point.

I'm hoping you are right Russ.  Although I am skeptical as to the future of what will happen next (if anything at all) there is no doubt that I would love too see things get rolling again for Axl & Co.  No matter how much we realists see a strong potential for an unfavorable outcome with GNR, this doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see the opposite happen.  In the end we are all here for the same two reasons...the friends we have made in this community and because we all share a love for the music of one Axl Rose.

Gunslinger wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

In my opinion there is absolutely no chance we've seen the last of GNR at this point.

I'm hoping you are right Russ.  Although I am skeptical as to the future of what will happen next (if anything at all) there is no doubt that I would love too see things get rolling again for Axl & Co.  No matter how much we realists see a strong potential for an unfavorable outcome with GNR, this doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see the opposite happen.  In the end we are all here for the same two reasons...the friends we have made in this community and because we all share a love for the music of one Axl Rose.

I agree with Russ, I do not believe this is it and GNR are never to be heard from again.   I do think that this year will bring something, even if it's just another tour.   I highly doubt that Axl/GNR would go in seclusion again for the entire year of 2008 and beyond, at the very least they will tour again.  Realist or not, I doubt we will see absolutely nadda from them for all of 2008.   Is there a slight possibility for absolute silence for the entire year of 2008 slight possibility but I really doubt it, CD is another story.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

For what it is worth, astrologically speaking 2009 is Ax big year, he is still mired in cash flow issues...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Seven wrote:

For what it is worth, astrologically speaking 2009 is Ax big year, he is still mired in cash flow issues...

Yeah, HTGTH was full of numerology back in 2006, when some clowns tried to tell why that would be the 'huge year'. 16

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Not looking at his chart per say, just trends I noted looking for someone else

I often wonder if that is the correct date for Ax that circulates...IF it is his chart is beyond difficult to make any predictions, I looked at it years ago it was a cluster fuck, not balanced, one look at the wheel its not balanced (see below), BUT we all get a break sometime....HTGTH is full of a lot of things...He appears to have a Grand Trine... Could be great could be to easy for him to take advantage of his talent< Grand Trine the sign of Incredible musical talent. My new rose has one too...

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy. … roData.asp..

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I agree with Russ, I do not believe this is it and GNR are never to be heard from again.   I do think that this year will bring something, even if it's just another tour.   I highly doubt that Axl/GNR would go in seclusion again for the entire year of 2008 and beyond, at the very least they will tour again.  Realist or not, I doubt we will see absolutely nadda from them for all of 2008.   Is there a slight possibility for absolute silence for the entire year of 2008 slight possibility but I really doubt it, CD is another story.

I'm glad you are optimistic. But didn't we say this for 2007. After the letter, we were all convinced we would hear something. Can you believe after he wrote it that a whole year elapsed?

The reason I say GNR is over, is because I have to believe that. I'm not going through the past years all over again. If something happens, it will be a bonus to me, but that "something" has to be CD, not a cash-grab tour.

At this point, if Axl is gonna go around playing Appetite, he should just get the old band back together. If he tours with the new guys, they better have new stuff to play.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think the GNR album is with the label as rumored but has been placed on hold.

Led Zep, The Police, etc have shown the record business an easy way to grab back cash they have been loosing hand over fist for half a decade in the rock music world.
I bet the suits at Interscope are frantically trying to work out how to get the old GNR back together to get on this gravy train.

I think that Axl is finally ready to come out with the new music but the accountants that now run his career ain't ready to pony up for him. Hence a stale mate has developed.

It may be over with Axl blaming the record company for GNR's demise. He does have someone to blame other than himself for the mess the band are in and we have seen in the past that that is unfortunately enough for Axl to go on.

Board footer