You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: The Next Chapter or the Grand Finale?

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I think the GNR album is with the label as rumored but has been placed on hold.

Led Zep, The Police, etc have shown the record business an easy way to grab back cash they have been loosing hand over fist for half a decade in the rock music world.
I bet the suits at Interscope are frantically trying to work out how to get the old GNR back together to get on this gravy train.

I think that Axl is finally ready to come out with the new music but the accountants that now run his career ain't ready to pony up for him. Hence a stale mate has developed.

It may be over with Axl blaming the record company for GNR's demise. He does have someone to blame other than himself for the mess the band are in and we have seen in the past that that is unfortunately enough for Axl to go on.

I seriously doubt that Axl's really fighting hard with the label to release the album, but IF the album is done, I can totally understand and back him not wanting a reunion, but wanting this fucker out. On the other hand I doubt IF Axl delivered the finished product, the label would jeopardize everything by forcing the reunion which won't happen if Axl doesn't want it to happen. And IF he's finished his album, he won't want to reunite with Slash & Co, cause he' trying to show the world that he was Guns N' Roses.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

What is sad, is that this is now 2008. I remember back in early 2006 when all the leaks begun, and then we got the MSG shows, I just knew that CD was right around the corner. I would have never dreamt that two years later we would still be wondering when we will see the record... And to take it another step back, think back to the 2002 tour. Could you have imagined, SIX years later we would still be waiting? Wow, we are some devoted fuckers!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

we are deranged..seriously!!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

What is sad, is that this is now 2008. I remember back in early 2006 when all the leaks begun, and then we got the MSG shows, I just knew that CD was right around the corner. I would have never dreamt that two years later we would still be wondering when we will see the record... And to take it another step back, think back to the 2002 tour. Could you have imagined, SIX years later we would still be waiting? Wow, we are some devoted fuckers!

It's crazy when you take a step back and think about that stuff ain't it??

Devoted or insane? lol.

Deluded.

Axl's insane

Rest of band devoted

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

It's crazy when you take a step back and think about that stuff ain't it??

Devoted or insane? lol.

A little of both I suppose!:laugh:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Rest of band devoted...

...to their paychecks.

I completed the sentence for you.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Rest of band devoted...

...to their paychecks.

I completed the sentence for you.

I believe that about Tommy. The rest (at least to me) look like they're there because they enjoy what they're doing.

I think Ron treats it as a professional gig

Frank's living the dream

Robin probably has had quite a lot of creative input invested (which he didn't get from NIN)

Tommy sees it as a way to fund his other ambitions

Not sure about Dizzy or Chris really.

But they all probably think if this fucker gets moving they could all be big stars overnight, and getting jobs with other bands or making it alone would be more difficult.

Board footer