You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

btw i havent watched any of this gig...and i'm not gonna, so dont even ask...last time my review went over like a burning bag of dog shit

Difference is Neemo, the videos I've seen from this gig seem MUCH better. Even I'll admit to that after the Rio debacle.

Check out the few I've posted in this thread, MUCH better from Axl and the band.

edit. I'll say positive stuff, when there is actually positive things to be said about a performance.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Estranged sounded so awesome. I hope Axl gets his shit together as the tour goes on.

As far as the ongoing hijack, my biggest disappointment with RIR wasn't his conditioning (though it was a close #2.)  As much as I love the original GNR, and no one can truly surpass them, the most excited I've been for GNR is recent years was during the 2002 lineup period.  It represented the promise of prolific output, proof that Axl is a fucking creative god (proof for the non-initiated, I didn't need it), and a badass band that I could get behind as a band.

So now, Axl's got a stable lineup again. He's playing a show that historically has been a peek at what's in store for the near future. He's brought in a dude (DJ) that while I'm not a fan of, is nothing if not an expert writer and promoter. But it doesn't look like any of this means there's new stuff in the cards.

So my disappointment is that I may need to adjust what it is I love about GNR. It's possible I need to come to grips with the strong possibility that I'm not going to hear a shitload of new music that someone with Axl's talent should be producing. If he can sound good and put on a good show, I can still love seeing him out there killing it. 

But in my perfect world, the 2002 band would be putting a third album by now. In my next perfect one, this band would drop an album in the middle of the NA tour. 

And I can't believe I've come around to this way of thinking, but I agree with whoever said it upthread: I'd rather get a 2002 reunion than a classic one at this point. I can't detract from the original guys, but for new music that could be relevant today, that's the well I'd want to drink from.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ummm... what's this? http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplif … is-volume/

very generous of them to include the best performance of the night and not throw up November Rain  or Patience or YCBM etc etc etc,

That just came out today. That wasn't out when I made my statement originally. Let's see if it affects US tour ticket sales, like you claim.

Ali

No kidding Ali cause you made your statement mere hours after the show had ended and then scoffed at the idea that any "legit" or to your standards satisfactory media outlet would report it.  And hell yes THIS will have an impact on ticket sales. You only need a brain to understand that.  Are the people who don't post on Guns N' Roses forums gonna read that decide they dont' care to even bother then jump online cause they gotta report to Ali the specifics of why they chose not to purchase tickets? roll  My god how do you not understand that YES negative news articles will impact ticket sales just like a  positive news article would. Hell I bought my tickets to the 2010 shows based off the 2009 boots I saw. Granted not a news article but the same type of deal. You think I'd be buying tickets based off the Rio footage I saw? Hell no. Positive word of mouth impacts sales in a  positive way. Negative word of mouth impacts sales in a  negative way. I never said anything about the tour going tits up because of it but I did say things like this will have an impact. It's called  COMMON SENSE.

Did you get what I said to begin with?  I mean at all?  It doesn't seem so, based off this post.  I NEVER disputed that word of mouth would affect ticket sales.  NEVER, EVER.  I said that for that to happen people would have to be AWARE of the Rio performance.  GN'R performed the last night of the festival.  The festival had already seen performances from the likes of Metallica, Katy Perry, and many, many more.  There were no articles in the mainstream press that I saw (and I have a Google Alert for Metallica) that mentioned their performance.  As of now, there is one article/blog post on GN'R's performance.  That's it.

Admittedly, this article could affect some people's decision to buy tickets to the US tour.  How you measure or quantify that is another question altogether.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Ali wrote:

Let's see if it affects US tour ticket sales, like you claim.

Ali

How in the world would one prove a correlation one way or the other?

See my previous post.  That's a very good point 16

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Ali wrote:

What happened? I thought this place was supposed to be where more civilized, respectful discussion was supposed to happen? Doesn't seem like it this last day at least.

yeah i dunno if it seems that you dont have something bad to say that you are on the outs around here, didnt you know that you are not allowed to see anythign remotely positive about anythign "except about estranged"

maybe we should change our tune Ali...say it with me now

"GNR IS OVER, GNR IS OVER"

btw i havent watched any of this gig...and i'm not gonna, so dont even ask...last time my review went over like a burning bag of dog shit

Yeah, no disrespect to you or Russ or Faldor or madagas or misterID or a lot of other posters here, as clearly there are a lot of people who can post differing opinions without it degenerating into childish name-calling, but just the last day was an eye-opener.  Taking a potshot at someone for thinking Bucket is a better player than Slash and that some of his solos, in particular the TWAT solo, is up there with anything Slash did with GN'R was....interesting.

The fact that you feel you can't or don't want to post a reaction to some of the videos of the Chile show says quite a bit, none of it good.

By the way, I think that in his prime, Geoff Tate of Queensryche was a better singer than Axl.  Am I now anti-Axl (albeit in subtle way)? 16

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Talk about trolling. Shit. This thread turned into a trollfest real quick. But as Forrest Gump says, "Stupid is as Stupid does." Not getting sucked in or giving this bullshit another second of my time.

*thread dropped*

Have fun, though. 22

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I feel so dumb. I don't know who's trolling who or why anymore.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Sorry if these clips have already been posted!

If the US-tour turn out anything like this, those of you who are going are in for one hell of a treat!!!

Love the acoustics on Patience!  smile

[youtube]URApcs1BIU0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]uVov3-akpkI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]EilPpjHCuk4&feature=player_embedded#[/url]![/youtube]

Board footer