You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally got a full clip of Axl on YCBM... whew, still sounds awful.

I'll be interested to see what Saturday's show sounds like, after the improvements made in Chile.

Today I actually drove right by the arena where they will be playing in Orlando... never once thought about getting tix.

I'm gonna need more shows to make a decision.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Just fucken go axlin your love it how many show away is it till you can see them

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A month, or something like that. Money doesn't grow on trees tho man.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm gonna need more shows to make a decision.

Go.

Worst Case = It's a lackluster show and you waste like $100

Best Case = It's fucking kickass and they do something awesome.

Most likely somewhere in the middle.

But the thing is dude Axl's nearly 50. In 20 years will he be singing at all? Personally I'd not take the chance of missing something great.

How would you feel if it was recorded as one of the better shows and you bailed on it.

If it's crap well - it's still songs you grew up with and probably better than sitting at home for a night. And if it's great then you've had a great time and not missed out on anything.

I'd go but keep your expectations in check. Expect the same setlist as normal - and expect it to be just a casual fun night to honour songs you loved growing up. Then if Axl's having a great night you'll be impressed, if its a little off-kilt - well then no harm done really.

johndivney wrote:

no monkey u'r underestimate how truly crap a night out is when you've been to a truly crap GnR show
there is a bottom line to that tho being you know it's a risk before & that its an experience of the broader GnR reality i.e. if you've experienced the other thing GnR r infamous for, meltdowns/bad temper/form
so it does have that clause you don't get when you go see other crap gigs - but they're still never as crap as whenever GnR crap out, of course.

but of course he should go GnR  should get him a ticket

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A month, or something like that. Money doesn't grow on trees tho man.

$100 ? not even half a days work. what do ya do for a crust

Gibbo

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Ali wrote:

Let's see if it affects US tour ticket sales, like you claim.

Ali

How in the world would one prove a correlation one way or the other?

Well if shows were sold out across the board, you could certainly say it had no impact.  That won't happen though, and I never expected it to.  I think the attendance numbers will be about the same as past US tours (02 and 06).

And I think the numbers would've been about the same if they had played a monumental show at Rio too.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I noticed they were filming this show

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I noticed they were filming this show

They film all their shows I believe.  Not sure what they do with all the footage.  Baz said that he "borrowed" GNR's film crew on the last tour and used that footage for a bonus DVD in the deluxe edition of "Kicking and Screaming".  So I can only imagine the endless amounts of great GNR footage that exists, that nothing is being done with.

Board footer