You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

war wrote:
mickronson wrote:

not totally horrible, it sounds like Estranged but has no soul.

i think the crowd singing along is issue there.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
war wrote:
mickronson wrote:

not totally horrible, it sounds like Estranged but has no soul.

i think the crowd singing along is issue there.

I think the band playing is the issue.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I saw the old band three times in the early 90's, I saw the Robin version of the band in 2006 and the latest version in 2010...Like Axlin I'm done at this stage unless I get the lineup that played the album being toured.

I really believe fans love the entire story around a tour..i.e the album being promoted, the lyrics and their meaning, where the band's head is at etc..

if you are out there touring a slew of decades old songs without the musicians that wrote them with you, you cannot be surprised if lots of fans won't spend their fucking electricity bill money on seeing your lazy ass money grab show.

That's pretty much where i'm at too. When do you get to the point that you go, "best of luck, I love you all... but you're not really doing what I want to be apart of right now" to the band.

It would be ENTIRELY DIFFERENT, if they were using the 2010 band, and touring behind an upcoming new album, or already released new album.

It's just not there, and that's not my fault. Why should I care? "Axl Rose", we'll I see'd him already. What else you got? Ummm....

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A month, or something like that. Money doesn't grow on trees tho man.

$100 ? not even half a days work. what do ya do for a crust

Gibbo

Gas would cost me just as much. So it's DOUBLE that price.

Anyone that would pay $200 bucks to see 2002 Axl with the 2010 band needs their heads certified.

Plus you got to count in emotional interest. Reason to spend 7-9 hours a night (round trip + Axl time + GN'R taking the stage for over 2 hours), at a show, rather than working. That's lost money.

Plus consider that I saw a MUCH better Axl five years ago TWICE. Do I really want that memory spoiled seeing a pudgy, out of breath 2002 Axl touring with another Chinese Democracy show?

There's alot more there than "it's just a show".

Maybe i'm as crazy as Axl.

Not sure which

Well thats Fair enough mate

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

show up and get tickets for half price

who cares who is in the band - go see axl. he has his hands in every song they play.

I'll go see them any chance I can.   Axl will be 50 next year, who knows when the chance will come again?   Haven't had a chance to see the band in almost 5 years now.

At this point in my life however, I don't think I would really travel.  Maybe to LA since its close.    Back in 2006 I went to NY for the Hammerstein shows, but priorities in life are a bit different these days.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And that's kind of what's swaying me to the "GO" side.

I mean the last time GN'R toured the states was five full years again in the Fall of 2006. Now they're back in the Fall of 2011, and in Axl's condition and obvious aging (nothing against that, we all get older, plumper and exhausted easier), that anytime might be 'the last' for Axl.

I still hope to GOD, they do at least ONE reunion tour before Axl's finished. PLEASE. Just so I can see them one time (I was too young before), all on a stage together.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Fuck this sounds good iv been giving it a flogging even the keyboard sounds good with the extra guitar just makes it fuller   22

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It sounds great, as good as any live performance of Estranged I have ever heard.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer