You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

DCK wrote:

On a positive note, Axl looks pretty cool compared to horrible biker shorts and baseball jersies...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I must be hearing something different then.  All I hear is Axl being out of breath as usual and the other guys just trying to replicate something, stripping it of all feeling and personalty that it has.

If I could somehow find a way to mix their (this line up) audio with Axl vocals from you past, you would probably praise Slash's playing on it.

Any Slash fan can tell he's not playing that song.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I must be hearing something different then.  All I hear is Axl being out of breath as usual and the other guys just trying to replicate something, stripping it of all feeling and personalty that it has.

If I could somehow find a way to mix their (this line up) audio with Axl vocals from you past, you would probably praise Slash's playing on it.

I'm not that dumb.  Please don't me make out to be that.
I don't have to be a Slash fan, I just have ears.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

Fair dues mate.  It's not bad, it's just not as good as it could be.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not that dumb.  Please don't me make out to be that.
I don't have to be a Slash fan, I just have ears.

I wasn't saying it to be mean. I'm just saying that to me, it sounds spot on.

The notes are pretty darn close to spot on.  Myles hits the notes pretty spot on singing Axl songs too.  It's the same exact thing, except it's easier for most people to notice the difference in the voice than it is the guitar tone and style.  I get that people hear the Axl/Myles difference; I'm amazed people can't hear the difference between Slash playing the song and others playing it.  To me it's night and day difference...as clear as the Axl/Myles difference is. 

I understand how you could like each version; I don't understand how you could not hear the difference...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

While I pride myself on being a fan of both Slash and Axl's stuff.

I enjoy this version, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's also very apparent to me that it's the new band playing and not Slash...you can tell from the timbre of the track - every player plays with their own touch and Slash's touch is absent from this track - although that's not to say I dislike it - but it's as obvious to me as it would be with a different singer or something.

So it seems like me and Buzzsaw agree on something for once wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's hard to top Slash on Estranged. One of the best guitar moments I've ever heard in music. Lots of emotion and he could do it in his sleep. Got to go with Slash here.

But Ron is putting emotion in it, too. He cares about the song and playing it. He's not far behind Slash, imo.  I would still LOVE to hear Buckethead's take.

And I love Mother Goose's synth chorus "oooohs" at the beginning. Gives me chills. And I have to admit, hearing Axl sing it kind of put a lump in my throat at RiR. His voice fits it perfectly live now.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

I'm not hearing it tbh.  Ron with his eyes closed is no more into it than my ex with her eyes closed faking it.

Board footer