You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: La Plata, Argentina - October 8 2011

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
jppgnr wrote:

I just got back from the show and it was amazing!

He started almost on time, i couldnt belive it, only 20 min late.

Axl sounded great, not only he didnt fuck up once but he was in such great spirits joking around with the band and the audience.

There was a giant Mao head on one side of the stage and on the other the red hand from the alt booklet.

When the show started it was raining but by LALD it had stopped, when NR came in it started to rain again wich was awesome.

High points:

Sorry, Axl's vocals were simply amazing,

TIL, the same as Sorry, the vocals!

Estranged, that shit was awesome! the whole stadium singing.

KOHD, i know its a cover and its been done to death, but damn it was great to sing it with the rest of the stadium.

SOD, a personal fave of mine, the ending was great.

Madagascar, i dont know why but it was the song that struck me the most,
it had a lot of energy

Axl's attitude, maybe the antidepressants started to kick in! He was in such good mood, maybe it was because the people loved him, noone threw anything to the stage, noone asked for Slash, he smiled a lot especially everytime people clapped him.

Band introduction, when Axl was introducing the band and got to Pitman, Chris tried to wave to the audience but ended up falling on is ass, i dont know if he was drunk or what but he just fell to the floor, he got up quickly and started to laugh with Frank who was next to him.

Meh points:
YCBM, he started with some problems but he redeemed himself with a really powerful ending.
DJ's Solo: that was some boring shit, id take Richards solo any fucking day over this. I dont know how after Ballad of Death he tought this was good.
Riff Raff: Axl's vocals were fine, Richard showed he can play some great guitar, but another cover?
No new song, i was hoping to be the lucky one to hear a new song,but it didnt happen.
No TWAT, why?

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy,
Welcome To The Jungle, 
It's So Easy,
Mr. Brownstone,
Sorry,
Richard solo,
Live And Let Die,
This I Love,
Better,
Rocket Queen,
Estranged,
Dizzy Reed solo,
Street Of Dreams,
You Could Be Mine,
Dj Ashba solo,
Sweet Child O' Mine,
Band Jam (Another Brick in the Wall),
November Rain,
Bumblefoot solo,
Riff Raff,
Knockin' On Heaven's Door,
Nightrain

Encore:
Don't Cry,
Madagascar,
Paradise City

How many people were there?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

Didn't have to give him your flag Mikka.

14 That wasn't me for sure, I think buzz, nudga, me and some others leave the Axl-lover detector remain silent. Not sure about some other board members' emotions and libido though 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

How many people were there?

More than 35000 people, about 80% full. The most expensive tickets were all sold out,

Estranged, shitty quality, but amazing crowd!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG7DSVL … _embedded#!

Sky Dog wrote:

they sure as hell better keep Estranged in the setlist forever. They play it well and it is an obvious crowd favorite. I think the new guys play the Axl epics great. It's the AFD songs that just aren't quite there. Obviously, it is tough to duplicate the feel and rhythm of Slash and Izzy on that album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl was pretty damn good on the AFD trx last night. Jungle was supposed to be vintage, and when I heard Nightrain he was pretty decent. SCOM & PC have sucked for years, so that's no real suprise.

He seems to struggle with high notes, by mid-set. My guess is he's just not getting the oxygen and is getting winded.

As for the band playing the AFD songs... other than Bucket's NT solo in 2001-02, none of them have ever really got the feel back of the AFD guys. Ron did a little improvising last night with the NT solo, it was fucking awful.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just my personal opinion, but the this line up, along with the 02 line up play the AFD songs much much better than the 92-93 line up. Maybe it's Gilby, but it never sounds right to me.

Axl has never sang SCOM like he did in 87-89. That was fantastic stuff.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

or maybe it was the herion, cocaine and mass amounts of vodka 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I wouldn't assume the current guys in GNR are clean by any means.

Board footer