You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

Naltav wrote:

[youtube]zJqc5dmFY8w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

johndivney wrote:

cramer those r p awesome
what kinda camera u use??

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It was almost like a South American-type crowd, at an American show. I have NEVER seen that kind of PASSION for Guns.

People singing along, getting emotional, and the thing is, even at 2:30 in the morning, most people were still there.

I've never seen that, so for that I apologize. I imagine that's the closest experience i'll ever get to a SA-type show. People were totally different. Real cool, real bonded with Axl. Almost like a religious experience.

this is a salient point
& one i think that varies from concert to concert for GnR
there has been a shift in peoples expectations, finally. & there is a renewed energy & (mild) enthusiasm for the band from the fans. a lot of the haters have dropped off or resigned themselves to reality & have accepted the current turmoil/lineup gracefully.

however there still will be gigs & a lot of people going to the shows with that "impress me" attitude

it is great when the majority of the attendence is singing (literally) from the same hymn sheet @ gigs & it seems like you locked into one - which, tbf to Axl's GnR is what they do strive for & do attain on the (slight) majority of shows.

Riad wrote:

No Axlin08 you're wrong. The guy who wasn't there obviously knows what he's talking about, after all he's being perfectly objective and you were just some guy at the concert.

this was a great fucking post
hilarious. top stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.

omg
not at all
many of us have been to shite gnr gigs, mate
many of us have experienced awesome gnr gigs aswell
it's the way the cookie crumbles, & always has..

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.

omg
not at all
many of us have been to shite gnr gigs, mate
many of us have experienced awesome gnr gigs aswell
it's the way the cookie crumbles, & always has..

Yep, and your reaction after the concert is different based on that experience.  Want proof?  Go read the Rio thread.  Some very positive people thought the sky was falling.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

No one is "qualified" to tell someone they didn't have as good of a time as they did. The person who was actually there would know better, yes?

Sorry but it just cracks me up that some can't believe the show was just that good.  And yes, I get the "being there changes your objectivity" part in some way, but isn't that kinda the point that others have been trying to make for years? Sitting around on a forum, watching YouTube videos and judging a show by it isn't reality. Perhaps being there in person is really the way to do so?

Not necessarily.  Think of it as the 10:00 "2" that turns into the 2:00 "10" - this is the same thing.  It's an emotional response. 

I don't think Bono said he didn't have a good time, I think he said he'd see it differently when he had some time away from it - at least that's how I read the message.  Since that's human nature, I agree with the assessment.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No Axlin08 you're wrong. The guy who wasn't there obviously knows what he's talking about, after all he's being perfectly objective and you were just some guy at the concert.

I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing

Board footer