You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought NR from Orlando was pretty good.  I think they finally have the old songs down, which is all I am looking for if I go to a show.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

No two guitarists play things the same.

DJ will never play with Slash's feel because he isn't Slash. Likewise if Slash was to cover some Sixx:AM - it would have a different vibe to it as well. That's the thing - there's the technical ability to play the notes - and then the soul and the touch - and that's different for everyone.

Good thing though is that in general DJ's versions are respectful to the originals. He's not trying to reinvent the wheel by massively changing the sound of the solos. I think just like slash and robin before him - he'll come into his own when doing his own material....eventually I think he'll play some tracks with Axl - and I think his solos that he wrote will suit him better and end up being impressive as he does have chops.  In the meantime he does a pretty stand up job of covering the others solos with respect and in a way that's enjoyable live...so can't really complain.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.  NOBODY here has a better understanding of people than I do.  Carry on.

Well you're reading people on the internet is severly lacking, unless I missed you NOT backing up Bono.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.  NOBODY here has a better understanding of people than I do.  Carry on.

Well you're reading people on the internet is severly lacking, unless I missed you NOT backing up Bono.

Dude, your whole post concert reaction is a classic emotional response.  You can deny that all you want, but it is what it is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes but then you get into a philosophical issue.

Isn't the point of music to inspire emotion? What is the point of a concert if not to generate a classical emotional response in the audience?  Wouldn't the defination of a sucessful band be one where people go to the shows and have such a response?

That's the whole point. Sure Axlin's review reads in places like a guy that got excited at the show...but that's what the show is suposed to do. If he'd come home disapointed maybe there's a reason to be negative...but he enjoyed himself...and I wasn't sure he would to be honest.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Dude, your whole post concert reaction is a classic emotional response.  You can deny that all you want, but it is what it is.

I'll continue to deny, and it "is what it is", only in your book of "how the human mind and other shit that Buzz thinks works" works.

Carry on roll

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yes but then you get into a philosophical issue.

Isn't the point of music to inspire emotion? What is the point of a concert if not to generate a classical emotional response in the audience?  Wouldn't the defination of a sucessful band be one where people go to the shows and have such a response?

That's the whole point. Sure Axlin's review reads in places like a guy that got excited at the show...but that's what the show is suposed to do. If he'd come home disapointed maybe there's a reason to be negative...but he enjoyed himself...and I wasn't sure he would to be honest.

Oh, lemme tell you what would happen with these mofo's monkey.

If I had come home and SHIT ALL OVER this show.

You know what they'd do?

They'd take every ounce of it as the gospel, 100% truth, and not question ANY of it.

Because it feeds the need.

Whatever that is, they can't figure out, because they think with the illogical brain. It's not the kool aid drinkers, it's the hater ade drinkers, who move the line of truth on a regular basis to suit their argument.

And why?

'Cause they have no clue how to be anything else, they've been that for so long. They are the emotional ones, because they are so jaded and trapped in their own disillusionment that i'm convinced they will never come back. Even if a fuckin' reunion happened, they'd be bitching that Chris was kept over on keys and how it should be "five" guys, or how it's Matt Sorum and not Steven Adler.

They're a lost cause

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.

All's well at the Post Office?

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wow, you guys don't understand people at all.  Kinda scarey.

johndivney wrote:

what i find scary is people mistaking cynicism for objectivity

well not scary, just... i dunno, amusing.

I did study Psychology, and frankly John has alot better take on it than Buzz. Alot of people are confusing pessimism (not even cynicism) with objectivity.

The people on this board, and any other board, have no fucking clue how trapped in their own disillusion they are to realize they're living on some planet that no one else is on..

no one i think is in my tree

always know sometimes think it's me, but you know i know when it's a dream.
i think i know i mean a yes, but it's all wrong.
that is i think i disagree.

i am the sole voice of reason & rationality

thus say & stammer, "this is my good, this i love".
thus spoke zarathustra

Board footer