You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Sky Dog wrote:

"But madagas is better than them."

I am better than them....Hell, I am better than everyone except Buzz. Nobody reads people better than him! tongue

I'll concede one point. If DJ makes Axl interested in talking and releasing music, he will be alright with me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff should have more pride than this. To go to a GNR show? That would be cool.. To jam with Axl and co? That would be cool.  To be a good name to have on the marquee to draw more fans because you were a founding member? Sell Out. 

Also, people will start, "why not just let Duff back in GNR now since him and Axl seem to be getting along great"... or "first Duff, next Slash?".. or, "Duff blows Tommy away, why isn't he in GNR and why is he opening up", and "Duff, how does Slash feel about your new relationship with Axl, does he feel left out", or, "Duff's new band sux, no wonder he isn't in GNR anymore"... I don't see the positives.  Duff, tour your band, Axl tour your band.  The only time they should ever tour together is if they are in the same band.  Duff has gone from GNR member to GNR fluffer if he does this. 

"You guys ready for the greatest American Rock Band!!!!!!  Get ready for GUN N ROSES!!!!  Good night Cleveland!!!..." Duff Mckagan as he closes his set before GNR takes the stage....  Are you fucking kidding me?  I think Ace Frehley did this for Kiss once, I thought was equally as bad, he is a founder, why does he have to open up?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess D and I stand alone on this....

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

With all that talk you mentioned that will start due to that happening, I think I agree with you guys too

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is an example of how nothing GN'R ever, ever does will be good enough for some "fans".

Ridiculous.

This is why I stopped contributing here.  I felt like I had nothing good to contribute.  Even though CD had been released and they toured a bit in 09 or 2010, it felt like it was forced on Axl and nothing seemed natural.  So I stayed away and just enjoyed the music and checked once in awhile if something newsworthy was happening.  And nothing was newsworthy to my eyes.  But lately it seems Axl is taking this more seriously.  He finished shows that went wrong whereas before he'd have just taken his ball and went home.  And now he's giving an interview.  So I think it's cool to be a GNR fan now as Axl seems more into it.  But people are bitching, crying and moaning about DJ, bad sound on a feed from Rio, Axl's look (I think he looks good.  More natural) or whatever they can.  I mean.  FUCK!  Just enjoy what little good we're getting which is Axl's dedication or what seems like it to make this work.  And I say cool if Loaded opens for GNR.  It's cool that Axl seems to try to mend fences.  Hell he even seemed in a good mood in that video where he was talking to fans about Slash.  Good for him.  So why not enjoy.  But hey what do I know?  I'm just a fan.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wow this thread is crazy.

As far as the interview side of the thread goes, I'm seriously dumb founded that people can complain about this interview. The last trunk interview was probably the best GNR moment of the last decade - short of the actual avaibility of chinese democracy. We constantly complain that GNR doesn't do promo. That Axl ruins stuff by hiding, and that the band doesn't do unifed photos or interviews or appear like a band. So Axl gives a video interview with the lead guitarist, something that's not happened in decades - and apparently it pisses everyone off.

I'm all for honesty and non-censorship and sharing a lot of views. But it's sort of pathological almost to hate on an interview that's not seen yet just because it's being given - especially when the usual complaint is that there's not interviews. Then there's the statement from buzz that DJ isn't in the band. To me saying that is just WTF....the guy gave this interview after comming off fucking stage FFS....I supose we could start with the employee/bandmate thing if you really want to...but what does that even prove. He's the guy writing new songs with Axl. He's ther guy on stage with Axl. He's the guy giving interviews. Blowing my mind.

If you don't like DJ in general I can deal with that, I think he brings more benifit than he detracts, but I can see it's taste, but to hate on him for being in an interview is insane.

As for the duff issue. I can see both sides of that. In my opinion duff's blood bleeds GNFR and will till the day he dies. So the idea of him opening for someone else to play bass in GNR is sort of surreal and bizzare. On the other hand - I've long thought that it would be nice to see an end to the GNR war. IF there's no reunion they could all at least be freinds and go on with their musical projects. So I always thought it would be fun to see a VR show playing all slash's new stuff and then a new GNR show focused on chinese all in one epic night going till dawn...but figured it would never happen as the crowd wouldn't accept nu GNR following slash. Like it would be tough to be DJ with the audience when Slash is backstage lol. Anyways so that was always a cazy pipedream. Soooooo....I dunno....its madness the idea of duff opening for GNR as he is always part GNR....but if he wants to do it - I think it's a cool gesture for us all to grow up move on - and each member to focus on making good music they love rather than drama.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm looking forward to the interview, I dont care that DJ is there too as long as he doesn't monopolize the interview. But I doubt that will happen as he actually seems like a shy guy to me, definitelynot like a loud mouth Bach.

Re Duff and Loaded opening, if that happens I reckon it's gonna be pretty weird. If it occurred then I can only presume that they ( axl and Duff) are both cool with which is probably all that should matter. However my personal opinion is that it's not appropriate.

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess D and I stand alone on this....

I think it is odd. However, maybe it is a chance to bring things closer to a small reunion for the RRHOF.:mosh:

I am not one for a full on, get back together forever, reunion. But, I do think if they get in the RRHOF, they should do something special. Fuck, don't even let Slash and Axl talk. Just throw them all onstage and blow out Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise. They could do those 3 in their sleep.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sounds Steven Adler like

Board footer