You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

DCK wrote:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/servility

some annoying reporter used that word and he has a point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

dj didn't speak because he was completely out of his element.
think it was aphex-twin who made the point it was like being in a meeting with his boss.

but yea his inactivity during the interview only serves to reinforce the faceless nature of the band & that it's axl's show. i'm not saying that as a negative or whatever the fuck, it's just how it comes across in the interview we've seen. dj is not important to gnr's story.

DCK wrote:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/servility

some annoying reporter used that word and he has a point.

what's your point?? neutral

misterID wrote:

The thing that scares me is that the GN'R managemnt position comes with a short life span and a long, slow replacement. I don't really understand what he meant by taking the band around the country and seeing how it goes, in regards to releasing new stuff?

i took this possibly to mean trying to repair the b(r)ands relationships with the label, media & american fanbase.
atm there is near enough zero support for axl/gnr & new music. the new management & a successful tour could soon smooth over a lot of the mess of the past 20yrs.
but to me, it's a matter of momentum. & i think once the tour is over the momentum will be let go of.
i hope i'm wrong & there is goodwill generated from this tour to fuel a more productive era.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I thought that ron was retarded its like hes 99 cents short of a dollar like when he was playing that rio show in welcome to the jungle wearing that storm tropper helmet and fucked the solo up then took it of then he put it back on is he all there or what

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

No offense to Ron intended, but his low voice and tone remind me of Goofy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl pretty much said that Duff wasn't there by "coincidence" but that he did have a good time with him and Susan.  Made it out that Duff sought him out and knew he would be at that hotel.  I didn't hear where Axl mentioned Slash other than implying that Slash forced him on the road in 1991.  I know there was something said where Axl brings up Slash in a positive way, I guess that part is on the editing room floor still.  What happened in Abu Dubai?

Says the CD lineup was good for the album, this lineup good for touring.. But does that imply he doesn't think this album is good for recording?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Nah, I think it was a "if you believe in mere coincidences/it felt like destiny or fate" comment.

AtariLegend wrote:

The replies on certain questions i.e Duff and Chinese Democracy deffinitely are editied, look at the transition to next question on each.

Either that or Eddie is cutting Axl's answers short.

Board footer