You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The MLB Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

If i'm ever up there, i'd like to do that. One of my life dreams has been to see a game in every ballpark.

If i'm ever up there i'd love to hit up a few Cubs games, but also catch a White Sox, Brewers & Twins game.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah its also a dream of mine. I've only been to Metrodome, Target Field,  and Minute Maid Park

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Got tickets to tonight's Twins-Cubs game

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No shit? Awesome. 9

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

That was the best Twins game I've ever been to! Great back and forth game that went into extra innings with a walkoff

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Totally great game. Even I knew that. If I spend my money on a game, that's what I want to see. That is a beautiful ballpark. I love that Minneapolis/St. Paul neon motif up there.

Did you see Soriano's 2nd home run? Holy crap, that was a throwback Slammin' Sammy shot.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah that was a bomb! I kinda forgot about Soriano but that definitely reminded of how great he can be

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

You Cubs fans were absolutely relentless at that game! You guys cheered louder than us Twins fans. Their was a "Lets Go Cubbies" chant every 15 minutes!

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

5 Lead changes, 5 Home runs, 4 Triples

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

You Cubs fans were absolutely relentless at that game! You guys cheered louder than us Twins fans. Their was a "Lets Go Cubbies" chant every 15 minutes!

Oh yeah, because of WGN, Cub fans are everywhere and they are loyal as hell. Plus you've literally got people from Chicago that just fly around and drive up to see these games.

I'll never forget, every year we used to go down to Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Sun Life/Vagisil Stadium (jeezus) and everytime the 7th inning stretch game, like every Cub fan in the place, no matter Chicagoian or Floridian would stand up and start singing and as soon as the "root root root" part came, we would just DROWN OUT the Marlins fans with "CUBBIES!"

Then the Marlins started getting wise and started playing it up and having like Billy The Marlin burn Cub jerseys on a grill just to get to us, and they would CONSTANTLY remind us of Steve Bartman and then show us the 2003 World Champion Florida Marlins walking off the film and holding their trophy.

Despite it all, it became a fun rivalry for awhile. Then Lou Piniella got all lame about it. Starting talking shit saying how the Marlins were crossing the line, yet everyone in the stands were just busting balls and Cub fans would razz Marlins fans, and Marlins fans right back at us.

Like if a Marlin fan got a Cubs foul ball they'd throw it in the trash, then we'd all remind them loudly how we were going to go get a FRIED FISH! Sandwich (when they still served them), and just be obnoxious eating them.

Then they got to where we all started trying to out drink each other, but it was no contest. Even I couldn't keep up. Those fuckin' Cub bleacher bums that come down from Chicago can PUT-IT-AWAY! Even the chicks would down 10 full longnecks by like the 4th innings and not even look drunk.

Anyways, glad it was a cool game man. But those were some fun times. I know how cool Cub fans can be. Even a White Sox fan would show up every so often and team up with us. It was awesome.

Board footer