You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Houstin (Toyota Center) 11-04-11

tejastech08 wrote:

From the stuff being posted at MYGNR and Twitter, sounds like they kicked ass again. Apparently Axl gave a really good story about Don't Cry. Hopefully someone posts a video of it.

Sky Dog wrote:

the show is huge...by any standards. My show was as easily as good as any UYI show I saw except the first Indiana shows in May 91. The sound and mix  of those shows wasn't close to the other night, but the energy was huge because me and my bro were dying for new songs and we got a ton...a ton of stuff we liked as soon as we heard it....a ton of classics when I look back.:beer:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually dude, short of having no good boots of that MASSIVE Inglewood '91 show, which was the longest they ever played (regardless of what HTGTH says about Tokyo 2009), Lofton I believe was there and said it wasn't that memorable... I thought.

Anyways dude, you were at a legendary GN'R show. To this day when i'm looking for a good UYI boot, I always grab that Indiana '91 show, because so many UYI songs were played. It still is a great piece. Plus the 1991 band was my favorite, so that's always a plus.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Found a video of the Don't Cry story on YouTube. Axl starts talking about it around the 50 second mark.

Below is my transcription.

Axl Rose wrote:

I'm going to tell you about this song. So this girl dumped my ass. Who could blame her? But anyway, she used to go out with Izzy before that. We met her on the same night at our very first club gig. She went out with Izzy for awhile. Then Izzy and I stopped hanging out, and I went out with her for awhile. Then she gave me this whole speech.

So I go over to Izzy's and I knock on his window. And he's like, "The curtain!"  Cuz he thought I came over to beat his ass. That's what he said, which I thought was ridiculous. But anyway, so I went in and we were talking. And I said, "Hey, I wrote this really depressing song." He goes, "Cool man, because I wrote this really depressing guitar!" And then we wrote this song, and that's how Guns N' Roses started. Exactly how Guns N' Roses started!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A chick in that video said, "I read that story in a book."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl has NEVER been like this in the U.S. shows since the early UYI tour in '91.

I LOVE seeing him like this. I remember being really touched when he told that story about his grandmother as an intro to KOHD at Orlando.

Board footer