You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 11/08: Omaha

Axlin16 wrote:

That's pretty much what i've been doing, except without numbering them.

I REFUSE to acknowledge solos & jams as "songs", despite HTGTH's belief that 30 fucking songs were played, when the GD weren't.

But at the same time solos are still acknowledged.

Intercourse wrote:

it is kinda mad that they come out late and play lots of filler. The journo makes one good point, cut the set to 120 mins and just blast the crowds head off with GNR hit after hit plus the best of CD.
Axl could come out late and play lessand everybody would be happy. win-win

10:30 is not late for GN'R. That's early. Anybody who thinks 10:30 is "late" for GN'R is a fucking moron that knows absolutely nothing about the band or it's history, even dating back to pre-UYI.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
sandman wrote:

gagarin's suggestion is perfect. it's clear how many actual songs were played, and you also get a sense for jams/solos. that's what i do when i send setlists to friends.

Ok cool.

So is that good by everyone? Basically the suggestion was this:

07 Estranged
08 Better
DJ Ashba Solo
09 Sorry
4tus Solo (James Bond)
10 Live And Let Die

Cool by everyone?

I am just being anal but that looks good to me....:)

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Solos also allow people to piss get beer/drink without using CD songs to do so.

Smart

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

First things first... BILL HUBBARD?! Well played!

Indeed! Love me some Roger.
It's a shame that guy never toured some of his best work.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

Solos also allow people to piss get beer/drink without using CD songs to do so.

Smart

another thing I like....:beer:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I never once want to leave when the band is on the stage.

But the best option for it would be KOHD.

russtcb wrote:

SCoM, OTGM and DJ's solo all allow me to do those things.

Huh?

So you'll stay for Richard's solos?!?!

The fuck?

johndivney wrote:

when dizzys solo starts is when i go out don't mind missing SoD tho it did cause me to miss YCBM once..

would HATE to miss OTGM - or even SCOM

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

SCoM, OTGM and DJ's solo all allow me to do those things.

there is no accounting for taste i suppose...SCOM is my fav guns tune and unless my bladder is about to explode i'm not goin anywhere once the show begins

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

10:30 is not late for GN'R. That's early. Anybody who thinks 10:30 is "late" for GN'R is a fucking moron that knows absolutely nothing about the band or it's history, even dating back to pre-UYI

what I mean is that Axl could end the complaining from the media about late starts if he went on at 10:30pm and just went balls to the wall for ninety minutes and then quit at midnight.

Its the fact that the show is elongated to three hours that makes this start time seem so late. That's a monster show by anyone's standards and requires a huge effort from the band and still they get complained against for finishing so late, so quit the posturings and solo runs and give the crowd what they want then get off.

90 minutes of steady singing should be easier for Axl to pull off than 3 hours of getting warm then stopping for a while then getting back up to speed again as the solos run through.

Board footer