You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 11/08: Omaha

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Its the fact that the show is elongated to three hours that makes this start time seem so late.

I agree...but then I think there's multiple reasons for it:

1. Why is there an oxygen system to the side of stage unless Axl finds it benifical to go off stage every few songs. Not being alarmist cos I know he can still rock but I'd say at times he needs it too. I'd rather have breaks and Axl sounding good, than him having breathing issues mid song.

2. The band splits all guitar parts 3 ways pretty evenly. I assume this is partially to insulate the brand against potential future guitar player losses. But in terms of solos I guess from Axl's perspective I guess it's fair to give each of them a moment.

But it does get a bit much, i mean, richard, ron, DJ, then Dizzy...that's almost an EP of non-gnr material played every night, then add in a few covers and stuff...hahah...but I'm not really complaining I think it's unavoidable...if that's what it takes for Axl to kickass on nightrain and PC and so on at the end then so be it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

10:30 is not late for GN'R. That's early. Anybody who thinks 10:30 is "late" for GN'R is a fucking moron that knows absolutely nothing about the band or it's history, even dating back to pre-UYI

what I mean is that Axl could end the complaining from the media about late starts if he went on at 10:30pm and just went balls to the wall for ninety minutes and then quit at midnight.

Its the fact that the show is elongated to three hours that makes this start time seem so late. That's a monster show by anyone's standards and requires a huge effort from the band and still they get complained against for finishing so late, so quit the posturings and solo runs and give the crowd what they want then get off.

90 minutes of steady singing should be easier for Axl to pull off than 3 hours of getting warm then stopping for a while then getting back up to speed again as the solos run through.

Btw dude, I wasn't saying YOU were a fucking moron. I was saying these reviewers/critics who get early shows, thinking Axl runs late.

You know I love you.

I get your point. The fact they play all night, makes it seem worse, but I know that I AM NOT gonna be the guy to tell Axl Rose to get off the fucking stage. I'll stretch out, put my boots up, pull my hat down in front of my eyes and he can play 'til 6am for all I care. Real Elvis shit man! Old school.

Board footer