You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

HELL YEAH!! Finally we get an awesome act this time around!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/eddie-van-h … dium=email

Eddie Van Halen Takes A Slam At Sammy Hagar And Michael Anthony

by VVN Music on June 30, 2012

Here’s a quote that won’t be making Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony’s days.

Eddie Van Halen has told Guitar World that earlier versions of Van Halen “wasn’t really us, it was people around us. When you’re doing drugs, drinking and partying, you start believing the s–t people tell you. Those days are gone. We’ve gotten rid of people who don’t belong here.”

He went on to say that the current band, brother Alex, son Wolfgang and lead David Lee Roth, “feels more like a band and a family than it ever has – and not just because three quarters of it is family. Working with Dave has been very productive. We’re all very opinionated about things, but it’s all for the benefit of the music.”

According to Eddie, look for another album from the group sometime after the current tour is complete.

Me_Wise_Magic

Count me in for a new album!  9 ADKOT is a great rock album that's sweating pure energy in the songs and I now I can't wait for even more material from the boys with Wolfgang helping getting the shit together.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

russtcb wrote:

HELL. YES.

If there's another album soon, I'll be happy as shit.

I'm giddy right now! 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

HELL. YES.

If there's another album soon, I'll be happy as shit.

I think it's a MASSIVE sign of progess for Eddie to say something so positive about Dave, and to go out of his way to say "I know he's not blood family, but he pretty much is" -- which is how that article read to me.

Massive progress. I have nothing against Sammy, but the bottom line is Van Halen is Roth, that's the way it was always supposed to be. Glad to see the wrongs have been righted, people are older and wiser, and ready to just rock with no bullshit.

Me_Wise_Magic

Now I finally know that Eddie meant it when he called Dave his new brother back during the press conference in 07. Glad things are working out for the better. Can't wait to see even more progress from the boys! I agree on the whole Sammy point, Axlin. I do love alot of the Sammy era songs; but of course without Diamond Dave you just don't get the same rocking vibe with VH.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/van-halen-d … dium=email

Van Halen Drop America But Pick Up Japan

by Paul Cashmere on July 3, 2012

Days after Van Halen cancelled 31 upcoming shows on their North American tour a Japanese tour has been announced.

Just days ago, the current Van Halen tour was officially upgraded from postponed to cancelled by Japan is definitely on.

Van Halen will perform in Tokyo on November 27, opening up possibilities of the Australian tour David Lee Roth hinted at again.

When the US shows were first postponed, Roth said in a video statement that by the time America sees them again they will all have Australian accents.

Often, Australia is included on the Japanese leg of a world tour because the two countries share the same time-zone.

In February this year Van Halen released their A Different Kind Of Truth album, their first with David Lee Roth since 1984′s ’1984.

Check out the video for the Japan show here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That promo is AWESOME!

Sounds like "Mr. Sparkle" from The Simpsons episode. 16

Me_Wise_Magic

holy shit! i miss that episode! but..yeah kickass promo! 14

Board footer