You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Eddie Van Halen would've been completely wrong for KISS. Although Ace had some solos, KISS was never a guitar-band imo. They were more about hooks, melodies, and gimmicky-presentation.

The hair metal scene of the 80's was basically a tribute to the attitude and color-wash of Van Halen, the presentation of KISS, with the streamlined radio-ready musicianship of Zeppelin/Aerosmith-influences.

Eddie would've been better suited for Whitesnake than KISS imo.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I could definitely see him doing that. If VH imploded in the mid 80s.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

I was just poking around at vhnd and saw that A Different Kind of Truth was picked as Guitar Worlds best album of 2012.

Also, Stay Frosty made number 16 on Rolling Stones best songs of 2012.

9:mosh:

Excellent news! 5 That album deserves a ton of rock awards. Nobody expected it to be that fierce and ON FIREEEE!!!! Aerosmith needs to start taking notes from Eddie and the boys on how to make some solid rockers. Stay Frosty and Outta Space are some of the best cuts on it. Chinatown is my absolute fav on the album.  You & Your Blues and As Is don't stray too far behind it either.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, the whole album is much better than what was expected from them this late in their career.
Definitely a 'comeback' album by which ALL 'comeback' albums should be judged by!

Just a really great, great guitar rock album. Glad it's getting the props it deserves. 5

Me_Wise_Magic

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, the whole album is much better than what was expected from them this late in their career.
Definitely a 'comeback' album by which ALL 'comeback' albums should be judged by!

Just a really great, great guitar rock album. Glad it's getting the props it deserves. 5

ALL OF THIS! Wolfgang said that they have tons of other material that just needs a little re-recording, some vocals, and other touches with lyrics and production; so they may release either a EP or another album of sorts in a few years. Which is great progress. Coming from a band that was almost pronounced dead in 2005.

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

As I mentioned in the vinyl thread(s), I got a new stylus. I just threw ADKoT on, Stay Frosty specifically and sweet jesus does it sound bad ass.

Nice! Glad to hear it! 9 Van Halen deserves to sound amazing on vinyl.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer