You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Responded to your message. smile

I'm glad to hear that the stylus is making these records sound amazing and I could tell there was a little too much mid range in tempo in the CD mix I received when I picked up ADKoT. Still love the album, no doubt. It's that kind of music that deserves to be blasted and great for parties or easy listening for not only VH fans; but fans of metal riffs and a classic rock vibe. Not saying that it's a perfect album though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Not sure how much truth there is to this rumour, but as a fan of both Dave and Sammy era VH, I hope it's true!

Van Halen Coming To Oz
Rock legends to bring Australia a tour with a twist

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/ … on-vocals/

Van Halen is back on the radar for a visit to Australia in 2013 and the hot rumour is they'll be here just before mid-year.
And if that's not enough to get you doing star-jumps soucres tell us talks are underway to have both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar performing for the tour! Maybe they'll do a duet together?
"They've got some dates in Japan in May, June, July and I know that one promoter is chasing this tour. It's pretty firm at this stage," said Triple M music reporter Nui Te Koha.
It's been off and on again with the 70s rock legends for the past couple of years. They almost came to play Soundwave and they pulled out because they weren't ready.
A promoter had a crack at it last year, almost had it across the line, and the band canceled again.
This latest tour news, however, is on the mark.
And about Diamond Dave and Sammy Hagar on stage together… we'll believe it when we see it.
Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as vocalist in 1985 and played with them until 1996. He then rejoined the band for two years in 2003.
There's been a much publicised war of words between the pair over the years but it looks like they may have patched up their differences.

david-lee-roth-sammy-hagar-van-halen-628.jpg
David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards (Getty Images)

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh god I do hope Sammy and the current band (mainly Eddie) have made amends. Since Sammy is still going on about how he got screwed over for the past decade or so. Still brings it up. I have my doubts about this if it's not officially 100% in the planning stages. I know that the current version of VH are doing a tour of Japan and parts of Asia later in the year; but I hope Aussie fans get a chance to see them. I saw them a year ago and they were on fire. Dave's still got the moves and chops to back it up. Alex was playing like a beast and Eddie was having the time of his life with skills that have improved. So far this has been his best guitar shredding since the early 90s. Wolf is just the man on bass and helps out Dave a ton with the vocals. He's no Mikey; but he has my up most respect for getting this band's shit together. He has seemed to calm down his own ego over the last couple years and that whole S&D tour was a ticking time bomb waiting to happen. I would love to see the whole band, Sammy, hell even Mike tag along and put on a few full reunion shows with new songs, the hits, and friendly vibes for fans to enjoy. No egos, lawyers, nothing fake or money under the table please.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I would've thought the biggest hurdle in a Sammy & Dave tour is EVH getting along with Sammy again, not whether Sammy and Dave could get along...

Me_Wise_Magic

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I would've thought the biggest hurdle in a Sammy & Dave tour is EVH getting along with Sammy again, not whether Sammy and Dave could get along...

Well Sammy has a legitimate reason to be pissed off at Eddie for his drunken and manic behavior during that hectic 2004 tour and rumors going around that he treated most of the band and crew like shit especially Mike. I don't know the full story since Ed hasn't said his take on what went down; but I do hope eventually they all act like adults and get along. Life is too short to hold on to that kind of resentment.  I'm still shocked that the band was able to get along with Diamond Dave for this period of time. cool I'm sure Sammy and Dave could get along if the Van Halen band is in with the deal and there is no big press to stur up controversies like during their solo collab tour. Both of them wanted attention and wanted to show that they didn't need VH when that was a lie and Dave for the most part was acting like a spoiled brat. I love the guys and this band dearly; but they have seemed to grow up for the most part and they put out a kickass album. So bring on the next and hopefully this potential super tour with the whole gang works out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm kind of mixed on the whole thing. After ADKoT and the awesome tour they put on then had to put on hiatus, I was kind of hoping it was a return to there being one VH who'd put out another album or two.

Bringing Sammy back in raises a couple questions for me- are they falling back on their "Best of..." haunches? Also, talk about fucked up, but the LEAST contentious dude in the band, Michael, is now potentially the only one cut out of a reunion?  And for what? Not liking being mistreated and daring to be friends with Sammy after he fell with the brothers? Seems super wack to me- I'd kind of hope Sammy wouldn't jump on a deal without Mike.

I wish them the best, and I'd go see it in a heartbeat, but it seems like a step back to me after the positive forward progress of the last 18 months.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Found this over on www.vhlinks.com.  The plot thickens.  Michael Anthony says in this interview that he and Sammy are doing some exciting stuff this summer that he doesn't want to get into at this point.  Skip to the 1:20 mark or so.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah I'd be surprised if Sammy did it without Mike...especially considering the Chickenfoot aspect too.

Me_Wise_Magic

Sammy said he wouldn't have done the VH 2004 tour at all without Mike. He basically told the VH brothers to fuck off if they didn't agree to include him. I hope this special news works out.

Board footer