You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: November 15 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:

I hear you, I was just expecting a bit of a train wreck because everyone has been talking about how YCBM is his worst song these days.  Well, maybe it is, but it still doesn't sound half bad to me.

I think it depends on whether you think it is essential that he sings that song with a raspy vocal tone or not.  I don't, and therefore think this version of the song sounds good.  I loved that scream at the end, it made me think of the video for the song 9

Ali

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i never would have guessed that YCBM would be one of the more difficult songs to sing. i was really surprised when he mentioned that.
(but then again, i've never tried to sing all their songs with a band in front of thousands of people, so how would i know.)
but you can see he struggles with it. almost like he's not totally comfortable with it.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Haven't watched to many "You Could Be Mine" clips this tour, but I've heard people say it's one of Axl's weakest songs these days.  I don't know, still sounds pretty good to me.

[youtube]HoxfuNB6JRo&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

This guy has a bunch of good videos from the show

Maybe I was just having an emotional response 14

But seriously, my thing was this; the show was stellar with YCBM being the low point vocally (IMO). In a stellar show, one low point vocally is fine by me.

And yeah, that guy has the BEST videos I've seen from the show so far!

....that is pretty good and it reminded me of how awesome it was in Atlanta too. He sings it cleaner but holy hell, that is one rough tune to pull off 20 years after you recorded it. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Also, last hard rock shows I saw in the Atl were Van Halen and Tool. Maynard always stays in a low register so he is not nearly as burdened as Axl. Diamond Dave simply can't hold Axl's jock as a singer. We don't give Axl enough credit for pushing his voice to the max when he's on tour. It can't be close to easy to sing like him. It actually looks like it hurts at times. 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

he is kicking ass right now....no question about it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Haven't watched to many "You Could Be Mine" clips this tour, but I've heard people say it's one of Axl's weakest songs these days.  I don't know, still sounds pretty good to me.

[youtube]HoxfuNB6JRo&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

This guy has a bunch of good videos from the show

Maybe I was just having an emotional response 14

But seriously, my thing was this; the show was stellar with YCBM being the low point vocally (IMO). In a stellar show, one low point vocally is fine by me.

And yeah, that guy has the BEST videos I've seen from the show so far!

....that is pretty good and it reminded me of how awesome it was in Atlanta too. He sings it cleaner but holy hell, that is one rough tune to pull off 20 years after you recorded it. 16

that-s-just-turrible.jpg

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I burned that new (incredible) bootleg for the car. I'm gonna post more notes about the show tomorrow when I'm reminded of them.

For example, they did a quick three-stop-thing during the last "he won't leave me aloooooone" of Brownstone. Was that new for Chicago or did you guys all hear that prior?

Wait... what new one?

Edit:
Nevermind. smile

Russ: I should have got your number because then we could have at least MET after Paradise City! =/  (you know, when you weren't yuckin it up with Frank).

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer