You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 12/07/11 -Youngstown, OH (Covelli Centre)

DCK wrote:

LOL

Sky Dog wrote:

not a big fan of the 92 band with all the horns and crap.....now, the 93 Skin N Bones tour was awesome! 9

91-93-2011 for me as far as favorite live performances go...not singling out any particular songs...just my favorite shows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What I liked about the 88 line up was that they were a skilled, tight, sleazy club band. They were a stadium band in 91 when they brought in Matt, and Dizzy added another dimension, but they kept that dirty, club sleaze with Izzy. 92 was kind of embarrassing. Loved the 02 line up, but Axl was the weak link there. Mine would be: "88-91-02"

Sky Dog wrote:

clubs/small theatres in 88 and arenas/ampitheatres in 91...stadiums in 92-93

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like both eras. The band got big and their show evolved to match.

I will say tho some of the coolness about gigs like the Ritz is just the small venue vibe. It's actually why in a way it's cool what myles does with slash at the moment. Seeing them in small venues you can really appreciate slash a lot more than is possible in a huge venue. Just stuff like distance from the stage even at the front row etc.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'd fuck off before I take another lame sax solo.

clarence-clemons-obit-4564MUL-x-large.jpg

God that is SO LAME! 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Btw, I was a little out of it last night.

Umm I will profess a fondness for the '92 band, but "musical force" might've been more likened to the '91 band.

NO version of GN'R tops that '91/UYI-studio band. The definitive GN'R. I just thought the Civil War performances in '92 were better, and there was some other songs that were strong, like Move To The City.

I just don't understand why people shit on the '92 band. That was a badass fuckin' band, horns n' all. If anything they were being ballsy with it. "Skin N' Bones", let's all dress grunge and do acoustic sets on couches, as cool as it was... was following trends. Not setting them.

P.S.

Very sorry to turn a "Youngstown 2011" thread into an old vs. new argument.

It wasn't my intent. Just stating the power of Civil War, and defenses of the '92 band. That's all. No offense intended.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I just don't understand why people shit on the '92 band. That was a badass fuckin' band, horns n' all. If anything they were being ballsy with it. "Skin N' Bones", let's all dress grunge and do acoustic sets on couches, as cool as it was... was following trends. Not setting them..

14 As someone who saw the Skin & Bones tour live I can assure you it was not following trends just because they did an acoustic set with couches. That Skin & Bones tour was awesome and made the horn section of the 92 tour look so f-ing stupid.  So not Guns N' Roses. The band in 1993 was the same  band as 1992 minus the stupid horn section.  And trust me Axl and Co were dressing the same in 1992 as they did in 1993.

1993 Skin & Bones wasn't  following any  trends. If anything it went back to a more real version of Guns N' Roses.  Unless of course an acoustic set where for all intents and purposes naked women come out to serve the band pizza was a trend I was unaware of. Plus the acoustic set kicked tons of fucking ass.

Skin & Bones tour > Use Your Illusion tour

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'd fuck off before I take another lame sax solo.

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2011 … -large.jpg

God that is SO LAME! 19

there are at most 3 good saxophones in rock n roll

chief obv is steve mackay
2nd is bobby keys
3rd is the, strangely enough, in todd rundgrens Dust in the Wind which GnR covered

the restall blow. in the bad, bad bad way.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I just don't understand why people shit on the '92 band. That was a badass fuckin' band, horns n' all. If anything they were being ballsy with it. "Skin N' Bones", let's all dress grunge and do acoustic sets on couches, as cool as it was... was following trends. Not setting them..

14 As someone who saw the Skin & Bones tour live I can assure you it was not following trends just because they did an acoustic set with couches. That Skin & Bones tour was awesome and made the horn section of the 92 tour look so f-ing stupid.  So not Guns N' Roses. The band in 1993 was the same  band as 1992 minus the stupid horn section.  And trust me Axl and Co were dressing the same in 1992 as they did in 1993.

1993 Skin & Bones wasn't  following any  trends. If anything it went back to a more real version of Guns N' Roses.  Unless of course an acoustic set where for all intents and purposes naked women come out to serve the band pizza was a trend I was unaware of. Plus the acoustic set kicked tons of fucking ass.

Skin & Bones tour > Use Your Illusion tour

And axl fucked them bike shorts off in 93`:thumbup:

Board footer