You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

misterID wrote:

I look at the Lebeis's like I do jarmo. jarmo was a good guy before he got in with them... After he did it seemed like he had to "prove" his love by going after people and attacking them. I don't think it's a coincidence. It's not about how they feel about the fans its more about letting Axl know how they feel about him. At least that's my theory.

tongue

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

427939_10150787882873069_10901008068_9645923_570801775_n.jpg

It's ok. Not really my style. Way more sensical than pushing an AFD shirt on fans in 2012 though. Although I find the new Gn'R logo with the stars at the top of the shirt so tired and boring at thsi point. Honestly it just reaks of CD which has been the basis of all new merch since 2001. It's time to fucking move on not only from the AFD/ Illusion era but the CD era as well.  Seriously, the Chinese writing with the Gn'R logo is lame at this point. They need to get passed it.

Still it's way better to give out that shirt than the AFD shirt.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that new shirt looks pretty average? There seemed to be much better looking merch on sale at their shows from what I've seen.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:

It's ok. Not really my style. Way more sensical than pushing an AFD shirt on fans in 2012 though. Although I find the new Gn'R logo with the stars at the top of the shirt so tired and boring at thsi point. Honestly it just reaks of CD which has been the basis of all new merch since 2001. It's time to fucking move on not only from the AFD/ Illusion era but the CD era as well.  Seriously, the Chinese writing with the Gn'R logo is lame at this point. They need to get passed it.

Still it's way better to give out that shirt than the AFD shirt.

Agreed, on all points.

I've never really liked the new GnR Chinese logo, the original logo is far too iconic to me

Sky Dog wrote:

well, I didn't like the blood dripping off the original logo on the Illusions so I definitely don't like this stuff. The original is just perfect....why change? Oh yeah, can't let any prior merch or members make money...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Something like this really shows me that they care far more about the dollars than Axl's vision for GN'R. It'll be a cold day in hell before any of them convince me that this new shirt design was intended to be given out. I think that's just something else they had in the pipeline to sell or whatever and had to swap it out when they got caught red handed trying to push junk off on the fans. One thing I believe is proof of this is the fact that they can show us the shirt but have no plan of action at all for how it's going to get to those who paid for it. On top of that, this was something they could've got out in front of, but they let it go seeing how much hell would be raised by fans before reacting to it.

Call me naive, but I still don't think it was their intention to "get one over" on the members of the fanclub by sending them AFD t-shirts.  I honestly think they just fell asleep at the wheel and didn't bother checking what was included in the package and assumed everything was kosher.  Kind of like how Sarah Palin ended up becoming McCain's running mate.  Everyone thought someone else vetted her so nobody bothered to do it themselves.  Sorry, just saw "Game Change" recently.  As is often the case with this band, communication is poor.  Even with the latest explanation, it differs from what the people at Ground Ctrl said.  It SOUNDS like we'll get to keep the AFD shirt AND they'll ship the new shirt to us as well.  No exchange program or anything. 

At least, that's the story for NOW.  Posted by Fernando over on the official forum or whatever the hell you want to call it.

I am not sure if anything or anyone has posted and/or explained the mishap.

Anyways, cut the shit and straight to the answer.

The T-SHIRT you were suppose to initially receive will be shipped out as soon as they get to Ground Control's shipping warehouse.

As for the shirt you have received, you may do with it as you wish. Maybe we should do a contest on who has the most creative idea on any sort of things to do with the tee....

This was not Ground Ctrl's fault, as they solely received the package from our Merchandise Company and assumed it was correct. So, hang tight and we will get you the correct merch items as soon as possible.

I love most of you very much and some of you I just really like. Let's try to stay positive and get this show on the road, eh?

Hope that this clears up anything and everything, sorry that I am not as active as I should be on here; just got really overwhelmed with a BUNCH of stuff.

Fernando Lebeis

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I love most of you very much and some of you I just really like. Let's try to stay positive and get this show on the road, eh?

Snotty and supercilious..

johndivney wrote:

Intercourse ^ otmf$
the guy is such a petty little jerk

russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

I look at the Lebeis's like I do jarmo. jarmo was a good guy before he got in with them... After he did it seemed like he had to "prove" his love by going after people and attacking them. I don't think it's a coincidence. It's not about how they feel about the fans its more about letting Axl know how they feel about him. At least that's my theory.

tongue

That's what I'm saying though; I used to feel that way. I thought "Oh well, I don't really need them (the Lebeis') to care about the fans" but moves like this show me that they don't actually care about Axl or Guns N' Roses. I've always (maybe foolishly) given them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to actually caring about Axl's vision..

I'm sorry for you
Not sorry for me
You don't know who you can trust now
Or you should believe

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer