You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

Bono wrote:

New music still hits me the way it did when I was younger. CD didn't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think some of that is personal taste though.

Personally those screams in twat really hit me like something from youth.

And i'm really keen for Slash's new album.

To me the only real problem with GNR is just the output or lack thereof. With the exception of dead artists - some of the fandom comes from anticipating new material and how you like it when it comes. And it makes certain times have an era in terms of the set list live.

Like with Slash - there's GNR, then Snakepit1, then the snakepit 2, then Contrband, then Libertad, then the self titles +classic hits shows - and i'm guessing the new tour will end up the same but with more and more AL stuff replacing some of the older material.

But with GNR there's been 1 album - and nearly the same live show for 15 years.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
war wrote:

i think sometimes we forget that we are not teenagers any more and music just doesn't strike the same chord that it used to. i am not saying cd has an estranged on it but at some point we stop relying on music as much as we used to for self identification and for that we always remember the firsts in life as the sweetest. you will never convince my dad that gnr is better than elvis and you will never convince my son that gnr is better than eminem.

U must be listening to the wrong stuff.

I still get just as stoked. New Van Halen album made me feel 18 again etc etc

Im counting the days to Apocalyptic Love, checking my mailbox everyday hoping Classic Rock will send it early

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Some people just don't like the new music. I love the shit out of it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think you guys aren't 100 percent in touch with your selves. i like new music too. what im saying is what we want changes and so does the way and the level music hits us.

russ, i guarantee you will never listen to jack white as many times as you did appetite as a teenager.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

U know why in all honesty CD didn't hit me that way?

1. Leaks    Lets be honest, we wore that fucking album out before it was ever released one or two songs at a time. seriously, if i had that album fresh, I cant tell u what I woulda thought of it.

2. The style: It isn't an album I can throw on at anytime and listen to. If I am mad or depressed I can listen to it and love it.. problem is, I rarely feel that way these days, so i am more into the adrenaline, fun, kick ass rock n roll right now.. Like the Van Halen album etc. Plus I drive a couple hrs everyday for work and then hit the gym.. so CD for me, isn't a great "Driving" album nor is it a great "gym" album.

So that is why, I don't listen to it much these days.

I know back when RHCP released Stadium Arcadium. that album changed my life just as Early GNR records, my Bon Jovi albums back when i was a kid etc.   SA isn't as good as those albums but it still had same effect.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

The thing is I'm one of those guys that can play a few songs from Chinese and Appetite on my ipod when I'm riding the bus to go home after my college courses. Gives me a great feeling; but I understand that certain songs off of CD are hard to listen to in particular situations.

-D-

-D- wrote:

CD songs I listen to somewhat regularly:

Sorry, Madagascar, This I love *DJ solo*

thats bout it

Board footer