You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Trunk Interviews RRHOF President

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The Rock Hall didn't put Axl in this spot. AXL put AXL in this spot.

He knew this day would come.

I see the "will they or won't they" thing just adding to GN'R history. They're still unpredictable.

Axl could always just boycott and pretend it never happened, but it'll just bury him further.

And as for the new band? Any chance at a push they had Axl squandared YEARS ago.

There's no reason in 2011 to pull out the "they shouldn't do this just as new GN'R is starting to gain traction". Not saying you are, but i've heard it around. It's bullshit.

In 2011, the old band and the new band can completely co-exist with this much positivity between the two.

I could easily see them reuniting at the Rock Hall, then turning right back around and Axl hitting the road with the new band and staying the course.

Anybody that brings bullshit at him, he can simply say "I never ever said a full-fledged GN'R reunion was ever going to happen".

If people don't want to buy tickets to Axl's shows over it, then Axl knows what he needs to do. Actually reunite.

My point is...

This is their destiny. This is the "put up or shut up" moment, and it finally got forced on Axl. He's finally gonna have to confront the past head on.

Yeah, I just am not in the camp that a ONE night reunion will kill the current lineup all that much.  Face it.  Slash is still working on his new record.  He's going to pimp the shit out of that per usual.  Duff is still working with Loaded.  Axl will still be working with the current lineup.  I know a lot of money could, and probably will be thrown their way.  But money hasn't gotten them together to this point.  So unless Axl is in some serious financial troubles that we don't know about, it's highly unlikely at best.

Will the media run with it?  Probably.  Will casual fans who see it or hear about it run with it?  Probably.  That doesn't make a difference.  The current lineup is doing great right now, but I can assure you that most people aren't sitting at home thinking to themselves, "you know, if there's no reunion for GNR at the RNRHOF, I'm going to support the current lineup of GNR.  Otherwise, forget it."  People have made their minds up for the most part.  There are some people that will never support this lineup and will always pine for a reunion.  Some have lost all respect for Axl and they wouldn't care about a reunion regardless.  And there are those of us that accept the current lineup for what it is. 

A one night reunion won't change anything.  That's just one man's opinion though.  It doesn't really matter what I think.  Axl's opinion is the only one that really matters in this instance.  He holds all the cards at this point.  That could be part of the reason Slash tweeted he never RSVP'd.  Just letting people know while everyone's worried about what Axl will do, "wait a minute, I've never agreed I'd show up."  In the end I think they will all be there, who knows what they'll do there or how they'll interact.  I guess there's the possibility that the grudge between Slash and Axl is still so strong that one of them won't budge.  I'd actually say Slash is more likely to not show than Axl, but I don't think it'll come to that.  At least I hope not.

And the induction is being held at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Convention Center, which holds a couple thousand people.  I believe Bono asked earlier in the thread.  So it's a small venue.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Rex wrote:

Slash just posted this

For the record, I didn't RSVP, or in any way commit to attending the RRHF. I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth. Iii|; )'

I updated my original post.

But come on... Slash is going.  With all the other bullshit events he does there's no way he will miss this.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl could always just boycott and pretend it never happened, but it'll just bury him further.

He has already been buried by the media and public for 20 years. Honestly, he doesn't have anything to lose by skipping the show. It would just be more of the same demonizing from the media and public that he has dealt with for 2 decades. Same story, new chapter.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

I hear ya and no I've not suggested he shouldn't do it to spare the new band. I just realize it's a tight spot and yeah nobody put him in this pot but himself so.....

I dont' see a performance with  the old guys helping his cause with the new band though. It's just gonna make those who already wont' accept the new band as Guns even more stuborn and it's gonna cause some who support the new band to just say fuck it just reunite.

I'm one of those. If there is nothing new planned but touring I do say fuck it and reunite. IF they plan on releasing some new stuff then ok do it but either shit or get off the pot(reunite)

I agree with everything here.  Playing with the old band, for even one night, will not do anything good for his current lineup. 

Call me crazy, but I would kind of like to hear the other 2 albums worth of material Axl currently has.  I would also like to hear the new band sit down and write together, as they seem to have good chemistry.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm somewhat with Russ on the Pink Floyd comparison. But where this situation differs is that by Live 8 the name wasn't under contention anymore- PF was all but officially over. Playing with the old band for one night is a celebration- it's not going to hurt the new band. If they put out a new album, it's still not going to sell huge in the States, but if anything the interest from the HOF will boost sales and general interest.

You guys are getting too negative about this. Until everything goes tits up Van Halen on us, I'm sticking with they will perform together as the AFD and UYI lineups. While it'd be nice to have Tommy induct them, in all likelihood it will be someone bigger like Perry/Tyler.

And 2012 will see new songs, but if a new album is going to be released, it will be AFTER HOF.

AtariLegend wrote:

Supposedly from something I read on MYGNR that the President made some negative comments about the current line up and them buying tickets if they want to be there.

Don't think we know for yet either side will show up!!! Would be a shocker if Axl showed up and no Slash though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Nobody is going to want to look a baby on this one.

If Axl is in, then that's the first time in nearly two decades that he's been 'in' with the old guys. It really is the biggest story in rock and the perception has always been that its Axl holding out on the old lineup mending fences.

I don't believe Slash would risk the wrath of the fans by being a bitch and turning the others down on this one. He's always tried to look like the one on the higher ground to Axl, he ain't gonna risk that goodwill that still carries his career today.

johndivney wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Is there a rule that they HAVE to perform?

Get out of your box, people. Path of least resistance is the path. 'Thank you'. Bow. Next person.

this.
can they not just get RHCP or someone good to play a GnR song & just have the gnr guys give their thanks??

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Them not performing together, to me, would only be slightly less sad than all of them not showing up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer