You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pittman was also a songwriter, he not only handles "industrial sounds" he also does production work, arrangements, orchestrations. I love his additions, especially to Estranged. And imo, he's one of the best post Izzy songwriter's GN'R has had. If you can hear the instrumentals of CD, and hear his work, it's totally mind blowing.

And I like what Dizzy brings, with the organ and keyboards.  They're both "real rock."

Lets not slag mother goose, here. 4

Some of you are missing the point entirely. I'm not saying he didn't contribute. I'm saying his contributions aren't all that important to me. Probably a big reason why I'm no a fan of CD aongw ith other things. .  You guys are mistaking contirbutions with whether a person actually likes said contributions or not.

I know what he did. I don't care for it, it's nothing special, he's not an important piece in my mind. Some of you like what he did that's cool but it's not about me not understanding what he contributed.

And I'm not gonna praise "mother goose" just because. I never said anything bad about him as a person.

AtariLegend wrote:

Aside from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Radiohead and Iron Maiden also have more than 2 guitarsts.

I like Pitman's work and he obviously did have an influence on the music, he's been there for 13 years. Before that he always done the synth for one of my favorite Tool albums and worked studio stufff with Dr. Dre one of the most influential people in music over the past 20 years.

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

You guys are mistaking contirbutions with whether a person actually likes said contributions or not.

...And you're once again mistaking your own opinion for everyone's else reality.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

collective soul has 3 as well .. if we care 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

You guys are mistaking contirbutions with whether a person actually likes said contributions or not.

...And you're once again mistaking your own opinion for everyone's else reality.

i dont think he was pushing his opinion down peoples throats he just said he didnt care for them...so be it...

even myself sometimes i dig his contributions other times i'm like meh

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

That's absolute fucking bullshit. I stated I don't care for what his contriubtions are and then people start chiming in with shit like if you don't like his contributions you either can't read, don't know anything about music, are talking out your ass, and don't know the history of Guns N' Roses. Fuck that shit. I don't have to like Pitman's contributions and never did I think by stating that people would start saying bullshit like what Naltav said.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Still haven't forgiven Pittman for ruining "Better" with his Super Mario Luigi farts.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
DCK wrote:

Pitman means more to GNR than what 99% of us know.

Means more to CD material

Don't think Appetite or UYI really requires his services.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

What are the chances of having 2 drummers playing at the same time then at RNRHOF 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

or 3...or 4...or even 5? 14

that would be something

Adler, Sorum, Freese, Brain and Ferrer all at the same time 9

Board footer