You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

I'm sure Beta is/will utilize a lawyer when negotiating with the label, promoters, etc....

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

I read people over at mygnr say that no one will fuck with her... No, they just won't deal with her. I think it will end up that Axl is the manager, just without the title.

not sure i agree

atleast without actually seeing how she deals with label, promotes, etc. anyways.

when the time comes that gnr has an album or another tour to offer it would be hard to not to work with her given the money that would be in it for them.

johndivney wrote:

this is a tv show waiting to happen.

is ur name ripley scott or james cameron? if not i would thank you for not staring @ my screenplay & if i see this show/film i will know u have stolen my idea

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
war wrote:
misterID wrote:

I read people over at mygnr say that no one will fuck with her... No, they just won't deal with her. I think it will end up that Axl is the manager, just without the title.

not sure i agree

atleast without actually seeing how she deals with label, promotes, etc. anyways.

when the time comes that gnr has an album or another tour to offer it would be hard to not to work with her given the money that would be in it for them.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but why would they have to work with her? Unless they're holding their back catalog over UNI's heads, but then again, we don't know what that deal is there.

I just don't see Beta having any kind of sway with these guys. They sat on CD and if it weren't for Azoff getting the BB deal, it wouldn't have been released. Can Beta really do something like that?

war

war wrote:

even if beta's the biggest bitch in the world, the label is gonna want another gnr album and can handle difficult persons to get a deal in place.

i dont think it was beta that held the release of cd back but a good question is can beta force axl's hand like azoff did?

my guess is axl will be much less cautious about releasing another album when it is done.

will beta be able to give axl tough love as his mother if he gets wet feet? not sure but im guessing theyva already had to get him to do several things he didnt want to do over the years and, like i said, i think things are different now a days.

johndivney wrote:

every new GnR album brings diminishing returns.
the hits have dried up.
the unlikeable frontman is all people recognise.

why would anyone want to release a GnR album & the headaches involved?

the numbers don't come down in GnR's favour anymore.
Axl's dream is over.
it's why he's doing interviews w the LA Times & Eddie Trunk..

war

war wrote:

not this again.......

a gnr album and/or tour still sells respectable numbers when NOT compared to the now unrealistic numbers it used to put up.

a gnr album and/or tour will still make money.

johndivney wrote:
war wrote:

not this again.......

a gnr album and/or tour still sells respectable numbers when NOT compared to the now unrealistic numbers it used to put up.

a gnr album and/or tour will still make money.

says who?

RESPECTABLE is not quantifiable, it does not mean it sells ENOUGH.

was i COMPARING ANYTHING?? i do not know. don't think so..

war

war wrote:

compare cd's underwhelming sales to all top artists of that same year.

they were still towards the top.

then look at all the albums/artist below, including unknowns.

why do u thunk these labels are backing these artists, if not for money?

johndivney wrote:

CD was 4/5 yrs ago

just making a livin' baby, well that's enough for me....

Board footer