You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I absolutely hope so too man. I absolutely do.

Like I said before, the HOF is the final moment for GN'R to be in the world spotlight, and whether it the old band or the new band ride the wave, I hope people look back at 2012, as the year GN'R kicked your ass one more time before ending the world.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sounds like he wants to do more shows in LA, wonder when that will be? Surely Ron will get a break for a while...

Mabye if they really are coming back to Europe next year they will take a break, then do some warm up gigs in LA instead of New York this time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Wanna know why GN'R has been run like an utter joke for years... BECAUSE the Lebeis have been running GN'R, or at least been a buffer between Axl (who's basically GN'R) and the industry.

People have been sick to death for years of how GN'R has been run, yet suddenly now have some sort of re-birthing moment because Beta's officially in charge, so why freak out?

Because it's MORE of shit that hasn't worked in a decade.

It's HORRIBLE news for the future of GN'R. Not that it'll get WORSE, but that fact it won't get BETTER.

Perhaps...but then I also think it's an assumption that the bad stuff comes from Beta.

Maybe it's Axl? Remember how Merk talked about Axl's muse coming and going. And in 2009 Axl, even in the context of half-trashing Slash's modern playing said of his own inspiration:

"Where does it go? Is it a choice?.....[edited out discussion of covers]..
It wasn't there with me on 'Sympathy [for the Devil]' or ['The] Spaghetti [Incident?'] and it took years for me to get there again, in my opinion, and in the ways I wanted it to be. Will I keep it? Who knows? I'd like to, but who can say?

Also, not to labour the point in this thread, but that video of Axl upset at the airport getting out of the car recently does show that he still has his human emotional side.

People here assume that it's beta holding him in this pattern, but maybe it's the reverse, maybe he's upset often and maybe the times something happens it's because that's the time that Beta and co have cheered him up to a point where he's happy to conquer his daemons, go back out in public, stand up to the public criticism of a slashless GNR etc.

If that's the case, then maybe it's Axl who doesn't trust or want anything to do with the modern business types, and maybe they upset him with their agendas and so on. And i'd believe that. As i'm sure they would have agendas, and Axl's always made comments about his managers and the music business machine being a parasite (my word there not his, but I get that he's pro artist anti-manager a lot from his interviews). Look at this Azof suit and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if these fall outs with industry types really derail him emotionally.

To me Axl's entire history reads as a person with intense emotions with complex psychology who was placed into superstardom which would be tough on a person who was textbook "sane" to begin with - rather than someone with Axl's creative genius and sensitivity.

I know I'm the apologist, but I just wonder if he basically lost his cool when the old band fell apart and that even since then Beta is what stops things getting even worse rather than being to blame for the problems that happen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pittman was also a songwriter, he not only handles "industrial sounds" he also does production work, arrangements, orchestrations. I love his additions, especially to Estranged. And imo, he's one of the best post Izzy songwriter's GN'R has had. If you can hear the instrumentals of CD, and hear his work, it's totally mind blowing.

And I like what Dizzy brings, with the organ and keyboards.  They're both "real rock."

Lets not slag mother goose, here. 4

Yeah, no shit.  Anyone who thinks all Pittman is an "industrial guy" is mistaken badly.  He is a talented songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.  Go listen to Lusk and SexTapes and tell me that's all he is.

Ali

Nobody  said that's all he is and telling others to go listen to something else is like someone saying they don't like a book by a ceratin author and then saying to them "oh yeah well go read this other book that he wrote fi you think it's bad". Or better yet it'd be like somone saying they didn't like Scott's contributions to VR and then telling them 'Oh yeah well go listen to STP if you think he sucks"  Doesn't really add much value to the conversation considering no amount of STP will make a person like Scott in VR if they don't like Scott in VR.  If to appreciate Pittman's contributions to Gn'R I need to listen to something other than CD then what's the the point?

Point is I don't like what he's brought to the table. It's not even that  I don't like it it's that I think it's pretty throw away and usless for the most part. His contributions have not enhanced Gn'R in my opinion and listening to Luska and Sex Tapes isnt' gonna change that.

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nobody  said that's all he is and telling others to go listen to something else is like someone saying they don't like a book by a ceratin author

Or someone bringing up U2 in 70% of the threads he posts in. Ooooops not quite, given Ali is still talking about Pitman.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pittman was also a songwriter, he not only handles "industrial sounds" he also does production work, arrangements, orchestrations. I love his additions, especially to Estranged. And imo, he's one of the best post Izzy songwriter's GN'R has had. If you can hear the instrumentals of CD, and hear his work, it's totally mind blowing.

And I like what Dizzy brings, with the organ and keyboards.  They're both "real rock."

Lets not slag mother goose, here. 4

Yeah, no shit.  Anyone who thinks all Pittman is an "industrial guy" is mistaken badly.  He is a talented songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.  Go listen to Lusk and SexTapes and tell me that's all he is.

Ali

Nobody  said that's all he is and telling others to go listen to something else is like someone saying they don't like a book by a ceratin author and then saying to them "oh yeah well go read this other book that he wrote fi you think it's bad". Or better yet it'd be like somone saying they didn't like Scott's contributions to VR and then telling them 'Oh yeah well go listen to STP if you think he sucks"  Doesn't really add much value to the conversation considering no amount of STP will make a person like Scott in VR if they don't like Scott in VR.  If to appreciate Pittman's contributions to Gn'R I need to listen to something other than CD then what's the the point?

Point is I don't like what he's brought to the table. It's not even that  I don't like it it's that I think it's pretty throw away and usless for the most part. His contributions have not enhanced Gn'R in my opinion and listening to Luska and Sex Tapes isnt' gonna change that.

As usual, you miss the point and argue against one not being made.

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think we gotta give it a little time. GNR of 2010/2011 was a million times more fan friendly and ran better than any previous incarnation. So something has def changed for the better.

Now we can speculate on what is to come, but its basically like this: IF UNI feel a new GNR album would be profitable and it can be recorded and put out in a timely manner/price... we will see another. If Axl requires similar things as he did to make CD, we won't. Rock music doesn't move units anymore. Old bands who got these HUGE contracts lose labels' money now. They will continue releasing the shitty pop/hip hop crap, cause they are completely bending new artists over with shitty deals and they profit way more on less sales.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nobody  said that's all he is and telling others to go listen to something else is like someone saying they don't like a book by a ceratin author

Or someone bringing up U2 in 70% of the threads he posts in. Ooooops not quite, given Ali is still talking about Pitman.

More annoying, Bono constantly bringing up U2, or me bringing up Bon Jovi?:D:D:D:D

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer