You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Or someone bringing up U2 in 70% of the threads he posts in. Ooooops not quite, given Ali is still talking about Pitman.

More annoying, Bono constantly bringing up U2, or me bringing up Bon Jovi?:D:D:D:D

In all seriousness, you bringing up Jovi and Bono bringing up U2 constantly used to annoy the living shit out of me. That is, until I shined the light on myself and noticed that I bring up Pink Floyd, Elvis and Michael Jackson each and every time I can whether it's relevant or not. 16

I've always liked that about this forum amongst everything else. Sometimes a little off topic banter here n there enhances stuff cause so many of these bands are peers and to compare/contrast different elements makes things more interesting sometime IMO.

Lomax wrote:

^^ Yeah nice to have a bit of character to the posts.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

More annoying, Bono constantly bringing up U2, or me bringing up Bon Jovi?:D:D:D:D

In all seriousness, you bringing up Jovi and Bono bringing up U2 constantly used to annoy the living shit out of me. That is, until I shined the light on myself and noticed that I bring up Pink Floyd, Elvis and Michael Jackson each and every time I can whether it's relevant or not. 16

I've always liked that about this forum amongst everything else. Sometimes a little off topic banter here n there enhances stuff cause so many of these bands are peers and to compare/contrast different elements makes things more interesting sometime IMO.

lol

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yeah, I think if we are talking about well functioning bands and artists, that puts things into percpective. That's why I mention Tori Amos regularly.
An improtant update: she has just released the instrumental version of her 2011 (classic) album, Night of Hunters. You can download it for free, if you bought the first record.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

As usual, you miss the point and argue against one not being made.

Ali

No, nobody ever said Pittman isn't a talented musician yet the coversation steered from whether a person liked his contributions to CD  to someone being an idiot for "not" knowing what they are talking about. No idea why people even started talking about others being an idiot if they don't think Pitman has talent or if they think he contributed nothing to CD. I never saw anyone say that. It was never the basis of the Pitman discussion yet some people obviously took offence to the fact someone wasn't overly impressed with his contributions on CD and then had to defend the guy to death.

But as usual I absolutely addressed exactly what you said yet you hide behind your cliche of "you are ignoring what I'm actually saying"  Sure Ali. roll

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nobody  said that's all he is and telling others to go listen to something else is like someone saying they don't like a book by a ceratin author

Or someone bringing up U2 in 70% of the threads he posts in. Ooooops not quite, given Ali is still talking about Pitman.

No that's completely different and your point here makes no sense. I've never told anyone to go listen to something else to prove to them U2 is a good band. It just makes no sense. Either you like U2 or you don't. Either I like Pittman's contributions to CD or I don't. Listening to something unrelated won't change that.  Also pretty sure your 70% is a massive exaggeration. Also you only quoted half the sentence I wrote so what you quoted is now completely out of context and makes no sense  but whatever makes ya feel good I guess.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:

lol

All I've got to say about this crap is BUCKETHEAD!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With all of this, i'd just like to say...

David Coverdale is the best voice left in rock today

And Doug Aldrich is the best guitarist (with the exception of Slash):

Love fucking new era WS 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've always liked White Snake, too. He still sounds the same. Great voice.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's like when people do the knee-jerk thing of "Whitesnake sucks"...

Hey man I used to the EXACT same thing. Then I really sat down and listened to their new stuff. Fucking amazing stuff there. Really understated, under the radar band.

I almost can't stand they're so associated with Is This Love & Here I Go Again so much, because they are SO MUCH MORE of a fucking all-time rock band than that.

Their live shows are stunners too. Really tight unit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer