You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

Olorin wrote:

A few riffs? Whatever Axl... 
Man I just wish these two would just slug it out in a square go, it'll never happen though cause they're both as much as a wee bitch as the other. I'm bored shitless hearing their catty barbed comments going back and forth, and even more bored by their online minions doing their arguing for them year after year after year after year.

So the Lebeis clan have full control, dont think I give a shit bout that either. All the other managers combined have only managed to get one album out of Axl since 93, even that was a miracle, it aint like they have big shoes to fill. Plus I dont have any hopes of a new album or this line up being creative and original, nor do I care much about a reunion of the real GNR, so this all new Lebeis era of GNR cant possibly disapoint me 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So the Lebeis clan have full control, dont think I give a shit bout that either. All the other managers combined have only managed to get one album out of Axl since 93, even that was a miracle, it aint like they have big shoes to fill. Plus I dont have any hopes of a new album or this line up being creative and original, nor do I care much about a reunion of the real GNR, so this all new Lebeis era of GNR cant possibly disapoint me 14

I think you completely missed the point that Beta started working on Axl's head back in 1993.

Notice how fucked up GN'R has been since that year?

The industry fucking hates them (yes, 'tis true), and I don't see ANYONE being willing to work with them and an average-profitable new lineup GN'R. Industry types are not gonna bust their ass to break even financially, AND have to deal with that unprofessional headache.

As for your "hopes", that statement is just bizarre as to why you're even here, and even bother as a GN'R fan, unless you just dig seeing them live and nothing else.

You have no hopes at a new album
You have no interest in a reunion

So remind me why you're a Guns N' Roses fan in the present?

Trust me when I tell you this, and write this down also, --- there is no bottom to how much of an embarrassing clusterfuck them running GN'R will be.

My only hope is that Axl doesn't die next year in a hospital bed at 50 years old, because Fernando is pumping him full of Propafol, and Beta booked a "This Is It" tour.

It'll get worse

This news pretty much buried any hopes that I have of another album or any future for GN'R (any version).

This is BAD news folks, sorry for the melodrama, but I just had a complete 180 hearing that news hmm

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think you completely missed the point that Beta started working on Axl's head back in 1993.

Notice how fucked up GN'R has been since that year?

The industry fucking hates them (yes, 'tis true), and I don't see ANYONE being willing to work with them and an average-profitable new lineup GN'R. Industry types are not gonna bust their ass to break even financially, AND have to deal with that unprofessional headache.

As for your "hopes", that statement is just bizarre as to why you're even here, and even bother as a GN'R fan, unless you just dig seeing them live and nothing else.

You have no hopes at a new album
You have no interest in a reunion

So remind me why you're a Guns N' Roses fan in the present?

Yeah its all Beta's fault roll

But anyway, I'm a Guns N'Roses fan cause I grew up with Guns N'Roses, they're my favourite band. Thats not gonna change, their music is immortal, and I'll always be interested in what Axls up to as a performer, so I'll check in to the forums.
But I'm done with this sideshow go nowhere saga, and all the he said she said bullshit played out on the internet, its ridiculous. I'm worn out, burnt out and dont fucking care. This GNR could never release an original note and I wont care cause all expectations and hope have been eroded away and nothing can disapoint me now.

And a reunion doesnt interest me in the way it does others, I have never felt any great urge to fantasise about it and I feel more like they would never recapture the magic they had 20 years ago when they were in their prime, so why bother?

It doesnt mean I wouldnt like it if it happened, nor that I wouldnt like a new album from the new line up. I just think they are futile hopes and feel apathetic about the whole thing in its current state of affairs.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
WARose wrote:

axl should just keep his mouth shut about slash. with every word he says, he looks like more of an asshole to me...

I agree mate best front man but a asshole

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axl 2011 wrote:

There is no plan yet. There really is no plan. We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah.

Axl 2002 wrote:

It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We’ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah.

Axlin08 wrote:

And the thing that pisses me off even more, what a fucking blackmail move by Beta.

She knows how much she means to Axl, and that "i'll quit" comment is nothing but emotional blackmail to put her family in control of GN'R.

+1

I had a professional relation do that to me once.

I told him his resignation was accepted.

The only way to deal with it, really.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think like many of you I thought we had turned some kind of corner with Axl and GNR. Alas, I believe this is temporary.

If its true, the move Beta pulled can be seen by many as a savage one, treatening Axl with loosing the only family he has known in recent times if he does not surrender control to them. Still, maybe she can manage? I can't see it myself but I'm just a dick on the net, what would I know?

However, I will be very surprised if this does not crash and burn badly..look at any situation where complete amateur family members were put into management roles of stars and things went to shit…

- Michael Jackson - fired father Joe in 1979
- Macaulay Culkin – still not speaking to his father, sued for withheld earnings
- Beyonce fired her father Mathew Knowles a pink slip for allegedly stealing from her.
- Usher fired his mother twice.
- Gary Coleman sued his parents for theft
- LeAnn Rimes sued her manager father Wilbur for withholding $7M
- Slash nearly divorced Perla after she managed him for a while when he was in VR

Business & Family rarely work out and these people look to have secured their futures on the back of a very insecure and often lonely man's talent.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You either don't know what you're talking about or simply lying to discredit him. Both are very disturbing @ a GN'R forum.

You and your likes like to cite ASCAP to glorify Robin's contribution to GN'R songs. Well, do that in Slash's case, too. Unlike in the album booklet, he gets credit for the songs Axl robbed from him.
BTW anyone with half a brain cannot deny that WTTJ is a Slash song. He made the riffs and the solos. He made SCOM with his magnificent intro and those great guitar solos. He wrote all the other GN'R classics I mentioned. Only two GN'R classic was written by Izzy, YCBM and Don't Cry, with Slash's massive contribution to the first. (Slash is credited for both @ ASCAP.)
Did the others contribute to Slash's songs? Yes. Did they adviced changes, or had song structure advices? Yes. So did Slash with the others. It was a band, for Axl's sake. But for Axlites Slash was not more than a guitar amplifier. Fuck that shit. I don't give negative karma, but from this point I declare war against history revisionist. Fuck this Stalinist, Axlist bullshit.

HOLY FUCK CALM DOWN IT'S THE INTERNET.

I was merely pointing out that none of those songs were solely written by Slash. I was disproving someone's point.  In fact, two of those songs only have Axl listed as the writer. 

Now if we are talking about Slash's contributions to November Rain and Estranged, then yes, he had majorly important contributions, the songs would not be the same without his solos.  But did he write them? No. 

P.S.  The people who are trying to revise history are those trying to claim Slash wrote NR and Estranged.  But FUCK fact checking!  This is Fox News!

Yes, I know the Internet is a garbage can. But I like to live in a clear world.

So. You wrote this

it shouldn't come as a shock to ANYONE that Axl and Izzy were the key writers in GNR.  Izzy was MASSIVELY more important than Slash when it came to writing.  Slash was the face of the guitar work, and the soloist, therefore he gets all the credit.

It's absolutely untrue, and I had to point it out, whether you like it or not. Slash and Axl were the main force. Slash as a musician and Axl as a singer/lyricist/producer. And yes, Slash co-wrote NR and Estranged. He's not only credited, but his contribution is MAJOR. If composing those solos isn't writing, then I don't know what the hell is.

Wake Up, Slash wrote the gems and Izzy the fillers. Mostly. Not Think About You defines Guns N' Roses, but Welcome to the Jungle.

johndivney wrote:

dunno why YOU have to CRAP on Izzy's contributions. is it not enough to talk about how valuable a songwriter Slash was w/o having to stir shit w/Izzy?

ftr, Izzy's songs are by far my favourite GnR songs (Axl'd be 2nd).
i only of the few who prob prefer TYA to Jungle or PC..

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Lol funny interview.

As others have said it sounds like he might get up there with the original guys - for the fans.  Cool!

Not sure why he would go out of his way to diminish Slash's contribution to AFD. Whilst i have often thought Izzys contribution is overlooked, Axl sounds like a whiney little bitch saying that about Slash's contribution.

As for the mgt thing, at least it's official now that the lunatics are running the asylum. They were always pulling the strings in the background anyhow, so at least it's now admitted.

Shame because my read of it is they couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. As Axilin said, he may think managers are sharks, but at least you know what you are dealing with and where you stand. As for the others, let me quote Macbeth

"look like the innocent flower but be the serpent under it"

Watch out for the snakes in Malibu Axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

everybody brought something unique to the table (Duff-Slash-Ax-Iz)...that is why they were great. Simple as that.

So many red flags/issues in the interview that I don't even know where to begin. 16

Board footer