You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

AtariLegend wrote:

If anyone reads the actual paragraph, that few riffs comments isn't actually a quote from Axl.

Someone trying to make out that Slash was more important than both Axl and Izzy to the song writting, however was pretty much said by someone in this thread.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Slash was a late arrival into the Guns N' Roses fold, Rose loves reminding people, and apart from a few key riffs, says Rose, the guitarist was much less involved in the songs than Rose and Stradlin.

Not a direct quote, but they did put the words into his mouth.

Sky Dog wrote:

No way in hell Axl and Beta can strike a deal with Uni on another record. You kidding me?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Just saying, sure - maybe it's an evil agenda she's had since day 1 - or maybe she's just trying to keep him happy (which seems to be part of her job in a way)  and too much shit has gone down with managers upsetting him and she's over it.

Hey Monkey,
As usual you are the Zen Master on these matters but answer me this..

why does she need to get her son and daughter on the payroll also to fulfill the job of managing Axl & GNR? Kinda handy for her & them isn't it??

This looks like a button up job; get the whole family on the payroll and keep Axl cocooned and away from the rest of the world. Does it ever strike you as odd that the guy has no life partner even though he appears to have a great personality and is rich? I bet everybody that gets too close to him gets their rep destroyed and is pushed out.

Duff always said he listened to 'yes men' too much...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

No way in hell Axl and Beta can strike a deal with Uni on another record. You kidding me?

That was a horrible ultimatum she gave to him. I'm certain he loves Beta, but really, he needs to find the person who's on the same wave length he is from the get-go. This is really bad news.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'll wait and see what will happen before I judge it. Might be exactly what is needed and it might be the worst thing ever going on.

I mean, Fernando??? Blah

Next up Jarmo as assistant manager?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seeing the way Beta has conducted herself on the forums, I don't have much confidence that she gets anything accomplished dealing with the label. Especially when she starts calling them idiots. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Jimmy Iovine vs Beta....C'MON MAN!!!!!!!!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seeing the way Beta has conducted herself on the forums, I don't have much confidence that she gets anything accomplished dealing with the label. Especially when she starts calling them idiots. 16

So true. One thing for us to fight with each other, quit another for a professional who's supposedly representing the band to come online and start swinging like a lunatic.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

^Those were not good showings, and it wasn't good for Fernando, either. That's one reason I was banned from HTGTH, I pushed the issue of Fernando basically being a troll whenever he got on.

BUT... people act out when they come from a place of hurt.
Who knows how she'd act here if she was coming in as manager, and not reacting out of hurt feelings or frustration, etc.

Forums not a good indicator, but it might not be THE indicator.

Board footer