You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

Sky Dog wrote:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … union.html

alot more meat here and apparently more meat to come.....

Sky Dog wrote:

apparently he went off....

Pop & Hiss
The L.A. Times music blog
« Previous Post | Pop & Hiss Home | Next Post »

Axl Rose talks playing the Forum, Hall of Fame gig, reunion
December 21, 2011 | 10:38 am    151

Early Saturday morning in Seattle, Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose sat down for a long, freewheeling interview after his band's three-hour concert Friday night at Key Arena. You can read a story about the exchange here, but left on the cutting-room floor was an hour-and-a-half of fascinating conversation in which a sharp, well-spoken Rose tackled many topics that fans have been discussing for years.

Over the course of the interview, which took place from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. in his dimly lit dressing room, Rose talked about the past, present, and future without pulling any punches. (So much so that we edited out some of the more potentially libelous business-industry accusations Rose leveled.)

Pop & Hiss will have a few more excerpts of the conversation in the days to come. Check back.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I honestly think he's out to lunch. He carries grudges like Jesus carried the cross and he definitely lives by the motto "Out Ta Get Me". He's the definition of paranoia. He always comes off as though it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault. never his. 

Also I hate this spin about guys being in the band longer than Slash and Duff. Who fucking cares. What' ya got to show for it? One album in 15 years, 2 aborted tours and 2 tour successful tours playing to half full arenas. Big whoop. The band right now is essentially a  cover band. Not to take anything away from them but it's true.  And honestly who cares about Chris Pitman's bleeps and pops and zooms. It's inconsequential what he does. He could leave and nobody would notice.

Axl is clearly living in another dimenison.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, I want to hear more of that shit...

"All these managers, they know one thing. They know that they can at least ... sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It’s just a phone call. It’s a half a day’s ... work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don’t care if it falls on its face.

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There’s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it’s not really even a full reunion. "

Damn! I have no problem with him not wanting to do anything with Matt and Gilby. But was there a vague acceptance of performing with Duff and Slash...  with possibly the new band?  Am I reading that right? I also agree a Axl, Slash and Duff band would still sell as a reunion. I've thought that all along.

EDIT: Reading again, I think he might be talking about what a reunion tour would look like, and that it wouldn't be a real reunion.

But I do feel reassured that he wants to make more music with the current line up.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

I honestly think he's out to lunch. He carries grudges like Jesus carried the cross and he definitely lives by the motto "Out Ta Get Me". He's the definition of paranoia. He always comes off as though it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault. never his. 

Also I hate this spin about guys being in the band longer than Slash and Duff. Who fucking cares. What' ya got to show for it? One album in 15 years, 2 aborted tours and 2 tour successful tours playing to half full arenas. Big whoop. The band right now is essentially a  cover band. Not to take anything away from them but it's true.  And honestly who cares about Chris Pitman's bleeps and pops and zooms. It's inconsequential what he does. He could leave and nobody would notice.

Axl is clearly living in another dimenison.

oh, he's crazy as hell, but I do think he likes the group he has together now and seems happy. Being happy counts for something and may lead to actual new music. hmm

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Damn! I have no problem with him not wanting to do anything with Matt and Gilby. But was there a vague acceptance of performing with Duff and Slash...  with possibly the new band?  Am I reading that right? I also agree a Axl, Slash and Duff band would still sell as a reunion. I've thought that all along.

EDIT: Reading again, I think he might be talking about what a reunion tour would look like, and that it wouldn't be a real reunion.

I actually got a  sense of that too.  Would be hard to figure out. DJ seems to be Axl's guy. Tommy's been the mainstay of the new era band and plays bass so....

Axl, Slash and Duff would sell cause they were the core of the Illusions group that was still left from AFD. Izzy of course would make it more  legit but....  and throw in any drummer really.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I'd really like to know to what degree Beta and co. have manipulated and fueled this distain for Slash that Axl seems to have. There's no  way a  human being carries this shit(what is it even?) for this long unless you've got sycophants whispering in your ear all the time. Especially when all the other guys seem to have no issues

Also It's funny how it's ALWAYS the manager's fault. Gee let's see here, the one common denominator for the last 15 years has been..... AXL and his cronies.  Doesn't take much to figure out who they inept ones are  when it comes to dealing on the business side of things.

It's like pro atheletes. Take Terrel Owens for example;  An extremely talented guy who's a HOFer for sure yet could never stick with a team because he was always looked at as a guy who disrupted things and played the victim role. Gee sounds a lot like Axl and his clan.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I do think he has a point with the manager thing. I mean, if you were the guy and you knew how much money a reunion would bring in (and most of the managers I've met are pretty much scumbags) you'd probably try to lead things towards a reunion. Some have probably been more forceful than others. So, I can believe that.

But we don't know what's been said to him to muddy any waters, either.

I did get a strange vibe... Could you imagine carrying on with the new guys to make music, but also doing something with Slash and Duff, maybe Izzy, with some of the new guys? This is.... Kind of interesting. The first thing I thought when I read that was that he wants to do new music with the current line up, but isn't ruling out doing something with Slash, Duff and probably Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris. My mind is spinning right now.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Guns N' Roses  remains status quo
Velvet Revolver's new singer =  Ax Rose.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Matt and Dave are gonners 16

Board footer