You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

day late and a dollar short...I posted link on prior page

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its good that he's talking, its always interesting, just wish he'd talk as in depth about the creative side of GNR as he does his grudges.

Poor Matt, not for the first time Axl cant even bring himself to say his name, whats that all about?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Hey Monkey,
As usual you are the Zen Master on these matters but answer me this..

why does she need to get her son and daughter on the payroll also to fulfill the job of managing Axl & GNR? Kinda handy for her & them isn't it??

Yeah, I mean I can't deny that meeting Axl has been great for her family too. I mean it seems they have a sort of symbiosis going on - without him they're just normal people - but then they provide him with love, support and a family life.

As for getting them in on it. I take your point that they're definitely looking after their own, however, it's also worth noting, if they do have a non-record company, non-touring agency, non-music business perspective and agenda, and if she's putting her head on the block by being the one who will take the fall, then she's going to need some help (she is 55 or something too right?) from someone she can trust not to undermine that  agenda? So it makes sense from her POV as two birds with one stone.

Although I also take Aussie point earlier that traditionally mixing business and family isn't a good idea.

Intercourse wrote:

Does it ever strike you as odd that the guy has no life partner even though he appears to have a great personality and is rich?

Yeah I dunno if I'm the guy to comment on that...as while half of you guys are married I don't exactly have a life partner either. (Although I did just get into a new relationship so fingers crossed!) Anyways...in my case it's not anyone elses doing around me that stops it other than that I seem to always pick the wrong girls, I'm eccentric as fuck, and frankly, kinda hard to live with long term.

Now granted I don't have Axl's millions, but he seems like a guy that's going to want more emotionally from his woman than a pussy for dollars deal, so I don't know how much wealth really helps someone like him get married for life. Meanwhile I'd guess that his creative genius puts my abnormalities to shame..in terms of "normal" people adjusting to his lifestyle..

From what we saw publicly he seemed to be deeply loving with Erin and Stephanie, so i'm sure he's a great, funny and loving guy, but there is also a dark side where he's often been accused of temper and aggressive behaviour.  I dunno...I'm not trying to run him down in anyway, I'm just saying i'd imagine it's going to take a special girl to fit into place in his life perfectly, as he's a complex guy in a complex place.

So i dunno, i take your point, maybe people around him sabotage his relationships to keep their own control, but then again, maybe he's just hard to be with long term (No offence to him, I know I am) and  just doesn't get out enough and hasn't met the right girl for him yet. Although I don't know him, I actually really hope he does find that happiness eventually...seems he's had a lot of sadness in his life, from being abused as a kid to the public breakdown of his marriages, he really deserves some emotional happiness -= would make a fitting reward for the gift of music he's given us all.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

it would be nice to get the entire one and a half hours written down. the excerpt was actually a good read, which i didn`t expect to be honest. it sounds kind of refreshing after all those dell james/ email interviews he did in the last years, especially that 2009 "slash is a cancer" stuff.

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

what does he try to say here? he`d do a reunion with only slash and duff, because izzy and adler are unreliable? or that a reunion of only him, slash and duff would still be considered the reunion people are waiting for, even if izzy and steven are missing?

I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There’s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it’s not really even a full reunion.

who is he talking about now? matt, gilby and dizzy? dizzy not, that`s quite certain...   or is he talking about all members, including slash, duff, izzy and steven? does he refer to 85-93 as the "illusion time"??

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think he ment it both ways. The public and many of us to a much lesser degree would consider Slash, Duff and Axl as a reunion.  I'd like Izzy but.... the public would accept Slash and Duff as a reunion because that's who was plasterd all over the place when they were at their most famous. the lineup was Slash, Duff, Axl and Gilby &  Matt who people knew as new guys but still viewed it as very much so Guns N' Roses.

I also think when he mentioned the new guys working really hard he was suggesting it's something Izzy woudn't be interested in doing to the level that people would expect from Gn'R and it may not be something Steven is capable of.

nugdafied wrote:

-"Every manager comes in and wants me to make things smaller," says Rose. Guns N' Roses, for example, requires twice as many tour trucks as the budget calls for, he says.-

This is one aspect of fakeGNR that I've always wondered about. Who exactly is allowing Axl to keep booking the US arena tours with such a huge production? I sat in a 1/2 empty arena back in '02 wondering this and see a bunch of 1/2 empty arenas in '11, yet the production is even bigger these days! It's just one of many odd little unexplained intricacies that keeps me interested in fakeGNR. Reality is nonexistent in GNRland, and that's actually kind of awesome.

It's impossible to know how much cash Axl has. Maybe he made some incredible investments throughout the last two decades and has the coin to make up the difference? You know, letting his ego write checks that his bank account can actually cash? Anyways, that little blurb in the interview stood out to me.

Board footer