You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: When's Album?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

And here we go,

Ax wants the label issue done before committing to the music.
Ax says new music can be released very soon after things are kosher with the label again.

Making new music gets delayed beyond RRHOF (take your pick - Ax's head not there, label deal still in the air)
Post-RRHOF, Tommy insinuates studio work is pretty much ready to commence.

If the label deal is done, it's all about how much time Ax is ready to take this time around.

What?  Studio work already happened before the Fall South American and North American tours, as confirmed by Richard Fortus.  They've already started working on the new record.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

"working up" to me sounds like it could be  splitting 1 guitar solo amongst 3 guys, figuring out stage blocking, working out WTF chris does on a UYI rocker...I'd love it if it was recording, but to me it could easily just mean setting up a slightly modified setlist for this tour.

Given the band is going to start a tour in 10 days....doesn't seem the time to launch a recording project...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Monkey, they can record while on tour. They did it before.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hope you're right, I'd LOVE some new music.

Maybe I'm reading too much in, I guess I just don't see it as "working up".

GNR's model seems to be that Axl does the "working up" from all the song ideas, drafts, takes and whatever else that the others do individually. Then it gets cut and pasted into a final structure and some other parts get added over.

So, other than submitting his rhythm tracks,  I don't really see it as something richard would be doing...but he would be involved in rehearsals of a new setlist.

I hope i'm wrong though.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/5 … roses.html

You’ve been out a long time with GNR, haven’t you?

Yeah and I was out with Thin Lizzy last summer. Then I came back and did three months with them in Europe, came straight back and I’ve been out with Guns since then. We went straight in to rehearsals and recording and down to South America for six weeks and then started in the US and we’ve been gone the whole time. So I just got home.

Ali

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Ali wrote:

They've already started working on the new record.

Well, they haven't been continuing much as of late.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Ali wrote:

They've already started working on the new record.

Well, they haven't been continuing much as of late.

Huh?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Forgive me for sounding vague.

Meant to write along the lines of:

Back in December, Axl was still very aloof about doing anything aside touring and dealing with the label. The scant reports suggested some band members had done bits and pieces down the line, and the full band was set to assemble to record first after this tour leg and then after that one. Always pushing it further.

When Ax says they're recording with a full band, I can believe it. His release schedules are a completely different ballgame, tho.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

When Ax says they're recording with a full band, I can believe it. His release schedules are a completely different ballgame, tho.

That's it exactly.

Board footer