You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: When's Album?

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Ali wrote:

They've already started working on the new record.

Well, they haven't been continuing much as of late.

Huh?

Spiritualized-Huh-cover.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I maintain that they only reason for them to start including new songs is if an album is actually on the way.

I'm hoping both are the case starting with the Euro Tour.

This. As much as we bitch about "a new song" on the "new tour", there is literally NO REASON to be performing a new song or two that Axl has no intention on releasing anytime soon and/or something he's gonna work over and over and see how each version goes over with the audience (see "The Blues" becomes "Street of Dreams" and the multiple versions from 2001-2012).

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Oddly enough I'd rather they played a couple of 'new' UYI rather than unreleased tracks. If an album is being released I want to hear it completely fresh this time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm cool with whatever they do in a live show now as long as they change up the set list and bring in some good stuff from UYI or Chinese new session or fresh tracks!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Even with the live boots...I was glad to have final finished versions of stuff like Maddy eventually...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Oddly enough I'd rather they played a couple of 'new' UYI rather than unreleased tracks. If an album is being released I want to hear it completely fresh this time.

A lot of people feel that way and I'm split on it. If it was a quick turn around between the Euro Tour and an album release, I wouldn't mind it. Part of the issue with CD's release was the fact that I'd been listening to some songs for almost a decade prior.

It really is a tricky situation.

Think about it. If we bitch at Axl to drop CD, and add more UYI in order to compensate, as soon as he did... we'd turn around and go "stop playing the old band music without a reunion!"

I personally think the setlist he's got NOW, is damn near perfect for this band. It's really a taste of everything. I just think he needs to drop the CD songs, swap in new songs, and play different covers more exclusive to the new band, and literally NOTHING covered from the old band.

The ONLY CD songs i'd hold over for fans are for the really catchy songs he likes singing and that's obviously Better & This I Love. I see them becoming the "Chinese" staples for the rest of GNR's career.

Sky Dog wrote:

Interesting comments from Pete Townsend and Neil Peart of Rush on making new albums. I imagine they were talking about new albums from older artists.

Form Neil Peart.....

Boy, if you're not a working live act, your options are vanishingly few. We met Pete Townshend a couple of weeks ago at an awards show. We told him that we had just finished making an album and he kind of scoffed: "Making an album – waste of time these days, isn't it?" Well … we can only agree. We said, "Yes, but we had to do it; we wanted to do it." But the reality is, of course, as a thriving, bring-home-a-paycheck human being, it's working live.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1xbDbd5QO

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

And this is where our free-download culture will get us. Only money for the band is in playing live or t-shirts, so that's what we'll get sad

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, it's kind of been that way for a while. Artists have never really made that much off album sales, unless you're like Michael Jackson or Madonna, or Mariah Carey and you have an insane record deal. I just read where Taylor Swift is getting one of those record deals, because she sells a shitload of albums and isn't getting paid very much for them.

Board footer