You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: VR to reunite with Scott for 'A Concert For John O'Brien'

AtariLegend wrote:

Bit of a farcial comparison. Duff wasn't fired from Guns and certainly for a period of time wasn't too bothered about Slash-less Guns.

Axl's stance on Duff was never that overtly or consistently along the same lines of the Slash one and Duff himself certainly from that time frame wasn't consistent with a Axl is bad thing, the ones with the negativity are in the minority.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Duff still filed same lawsuits trying to hurt Axl, never disagreed with anything Slash said as it pertained to what happened to GNR, the breakup etc

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff, Izzy, Adler, and Slash have all said similar things about Axl, from "dictator", to "asshole", etc.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Duff still filed same lawsuits trying to hurt Axl, never disagreed with anything Slash said as it pertained to what happened to GNR, the breakup etc

So?  Axl made peace with Duff, Duff made peace with Axl.  Have you ever feuded with someone and eventually gotten past things and rekindled a civil relationship?  It happens quite often.  Music is a business, and business can get quite nasty.  All members of bands hate each other at one time or another.  The extent and duration of the hate varies, but just because Duff filed numerous lawsuits against Axl in the past doesn't mean he has to go on hating him for the rest of his life and doesn't make him a hypocrite for opening for the band he helped make famous.

The rift between Axl and Slash goes both ways and goes a lot deeper than lawsuits, verbal jabs, or anything else we might think.  I don't think any of us will quite ever understand it, and I don't know if the two of them could honestly explain it fully.  But it is what it is, and it's still there and seemingly very strong.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with D on the current GN'R situation, but Axl & Duff seriously?

That is the lamest argument i've ever heard. The only thing that is WEAK is being too PUSSY to bury the past and patch up your friendships.

Axl & Duff reconciled, just like Axl & Izzy reconciled (the same Izzy who gave birth to the "dictator" stuff).

There are people I was VERY close to and went into an estranged period with, and patched things up 10 years later and had a BETTER relationship with them then than ever before.

What's weak is Duff holding on to an ancient argument just for the sake of being too proud to give an inch to Axl.

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that either A) it didn't mean much to Duff to fight with Axl to begin with?, or *hold on to your panties* B) Axl might've been right in the first place, and Duff felt guilty?

Either way -- DEAL WITH IT.

Axl, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt & Gilby are all on good terms

Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt & Gilby are all on good terms

The only holdouts are Axl & Slash. I hope your brain doesn't explode, or you call Slash a sellout when he's all smiles and hugs and "my brother" at the Rock Hall in a couple months.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

What's weak is Duff holding on to an ancient argument just for the sake of being too proud to give an inch to Axl.

Kinda like Axl's pointless feud with Slash.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you.

I hope Axl's "joking" nature about Slash these days, and a willingness to perform with him again, is Axl's olive branch to Slash to say "i've moved on, but i'm not gonna say I love you, until I feel a little more reassured".

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Alot of people have revealed themselves for the true, closeted Slashites they are. I never saw the big deal with Loaded opening for GN'R, and it was only for two shows in Duff's backyard.

I don't see it like that myself. I had no problem with Duff opening for Axl, in fact it took balls for both sides to agree to it. However, for me looking from a 30,000 feet perspective, I still see it as really fucked up, probably because I've never seen it done before. Bravo to both for having the balls to do it. I never talk to my ex girlfriends so I guess I'm applying my perspective to how I'd manage this relationship.

Personally I would never be the warm-up for a main event act that I used to be core part of, but that's just me. Maybe its pride but if I had a legacy, plenty of cash and didn't need to be the warm up act then I probably wouldn't be.

This issue has nothing to do with Slash for me, not sure why you're going there with that. I want the whole band to reunite on even terms with Axl, not just Slash.

The thing that I have noted and it saddens me a bit, is the total lack of interaction between Axl and Duff on stage both times they appeared together. Even grumpy Weiland put his arm on Slash at the JOB gig...Axl and Duff don't even look at each other. At one stage Duff's  just standing there like a spare prick during 'Patience' until someone gave him a guitar.

I'm not sure what this all means, probably nothing.. but the rapport between Izzy and Axl was much more brotherly and respectful when he came on.

This lack of rapport cheapened Duff's gesture for me but more importantly made me finally accept that the old dudes won't be working together long term again. I'm an unashamed reunionist and will interpret things with that prejudice right in the centre of the equation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Rather than replace Slash with a DJ Ashba, i'd rather have Slash actually TRY to use Corey and see where it goes rather than running to his solo career so he can have Myles, the singer HE wanted.

I really don't think that's how it went down. Matt was the guy who wanted myles. Myles never returned the VR audition tapes to the band. Slash phoned him up and lured him into doing a solo track and it went from there and now he's in slash's band. If anything I think it's probably Slash who wants to keep him out of VR now, as if he's in VR and the VR dynamics break then slash has no place to go...keeping him as a solo singer means that Slash can do both VR and the solo career.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

You thinking the 2009-11 Guns is better technically than the 1992-93 Guns w/ Gilby.

Ain't that what we're comparing here? VR is basically 1992-93 Guns without Axl.

Oh my God... Yeah, that was my least favorite line up. That's not what you were making it sound like, though.

Board footer