You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: VR to reunite with Scott for 'A Concert For John O'Brien'

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool stuff! seemed a bit stiff at first but then wieland then leaned on slash and nobody blew up 16

I thought those moments were quite awkward. First Scott leans on Slash, and Slash barely acknowledges him, then Scott leans on Duff and Duff pretty much ignores him too...:ummm:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Duff and Dave suck live

Scott is giving it all he has... Other guys look like they need a shot of balls/energy

disappointed TBH

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I kinda agree with D. Scott is really the shining star here, and maybe even Matt. Dave gets an excuse because it might be more emotional for him with the show and the loss of his friend.

Duff... i've seen him have more energy with new Guns.

Slash just seems somewhere else. He's fuckin' NAILING IT on guitar, but he seems to be in a world by himself, even around Duff.

I don't want to speak out of turn, but I wonder if Slash is solely focused on his solo deal now?

Either way, I pray TO GOD that the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame show with Guns, doesn't see the old GN'R acting like this with Axl & Steven busting their asses and guitarists asleep.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I'll never forget my VR concert in Atlanta... Went of course to see Slash and Duff mainly. This was before i got into STP... Only STP songs I really knew were Creep and Sour Girl. knew little about STP to be honest

Saw VR and spent entire time watching Scott... went and bought all STP albums and instantly fell in love with them.

Same here.. Scott didn't have to be here.. he was on vocal rest, canceled STP dates.... So for him to come,drop his ego, give it 1000 percent energy and he tried his ass off to have chemistry. for the other guys to be too cool for school.. just really made me lose a tad bit of respect for them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In fairness, they went through ALOT of bullshit with Scott, far dirtier and far quicker than even Axl.

Scott pretty much ran them down like dogs, not to mention abandoned them as a bandmember.

Slash & Duff both had to run around putting out alot of fires after that breakup. I don't know if i've lost respect for them, because Slash & Duff have never had any respect for singers... so why start now, lol?

But tonight/last night just happened to be a "good night" for Scott. He can be a fuckin' NIGHTMARE to deal with that makes Axl look like Jon Bon Jovi's personality.

Lomax wrote:

I watched "the rise of velvet revolver" on youtube last night.

I remember why I thought Sorum was a dick. That documentary. Re-watching it seems he's just dangerously honest. Which to be honest Slash isn't. He seems like a pouty child in these vids just as he did in the documentary.

And duff... I duno sometimes he comes across great other times he comes across very "new-agey" strange dynamic goin on in that band.

AtariLegend wrote:

Tension definitely in band from 1st video.

I'd be shocked if a full reunion happens, neither Slash nor Duff looked they wanted to be there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash is such a total badass, compare him in these videos to live on stoke and he seems so restricted. Slash is a lot like angus to me now, he is more important than the singer and need to be the star. Slash did his thing. Scott was good, Matt was killer, but Bobby schneck and Todd kerns are a lot more fun to watch than what Dave and duff did here. Duff is annoying me now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I thought they sounded awesome.

That guy on stage should be VR's singer.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

In fairness, they went through ALOT of bullshit with Scott, far dirtier and far quicker than even Axl.

Scott pretty much ran them down like dogs, not to mention abandoned them as a bandmember.

Slash & Duff both had to run around putting out alot of fires after that breakup. I don't know if i've lost respect for them, because Slash & Duff have never had any respect for singers... so why start now, lol?

But tonight/last night just happened to be a "good night" for Scott. He can be a fuckin' NIGHTMARE to deal with that makes Axl look like Jon Bon Jovi's personality.

Yeah but like Axl, Scott felt they were in a lot of ways full of shit. Scott wasn't the only one who fell off the wagon but yet they condemned him like he was.

Scott had Slash and the band's back and publicly tore Axl a new ass which took a shit load of guts to do

Slash and co used Scott as the scapegoat and put most of the blame on him.

hmmm 2 bands, 2 similar occurrences... Hmmmmmmm fluke or trend?

I've lost a shit load of respect for Duff as has been documented in the GNR section: HE had same lawsuits in as Slash, HE  certainly prob had as many negative things to say as Slash....... to open for GNR was a WOW moment, then when he does play with GNR, same shit as up here... Just lifeless. I think I have severely overrated his stage presence all these years.

Board footer