You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: VR to reunite with Scott for 'A Concert For John O'Brien'

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah but did Duff and Slash wan't him to call out Axl.

They've always pulled most of the punches when it comes to Axl, the occasional joke about singers or lateness sure, but when anyone goes on a real attack they shut the fuck down in interviews. Always seems that they were protecting some kind of eventual reunion chance or just that they still liked him on some level to me. They just don't like the antics. But you never see them give a "FUCK AXL" type interview.

Plus everyone (including Axl) knows he's reactionary, so calling Axl bauld, fat and making fun of his appearance...aside from that it was just wrong, was also a stupid fucking idea and I doubt endorsed by the GNR boys at all.

In fact I know Slash didn't cos he said after that Axl press release that he wasn't talking to anyone for weeks and he knew VR would figure out it wasn't true when they saw there was no GNR reunion going on. Was already trouble back then.

To me there's 3 distinct issues:

1. Scott was a junkie and insecure about Axl.
2. Slash was never happy being minimised in VR and prefers to play how he does in his solo shit. I think there's also some kind of tension between duff,matt, and he too - they love each other but they dont always agree on shit - like brothers. That's why this singer thing is so fucked up.
3. They're all junkies and prone to relapses anyway sometimes.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah but did Duff and Slash wan't him to call out Axl.

They've always pulled most of the punches when it comes to Axl, the occasional joke about singers or lateness sure, but when anyone goes on a real attack they shut the fuck down in interviews. Always seems that they were protecting some kind of eventual reunion chance or just that they still liked him on some level to me. They just don't like the antics. But you never see them give a "FUCK AXL" type interview.

Plus everyone (including Axl) knows he's reactionary, so calling Axl bauld, fat and making fun of his appearance...aside from that it was just wrong, was also a stupid fucking idea and I doubt endorsed by the GNR boys at all.

In fact I know Slash didn't cos he said after that Axl press release that he wasn't talking to anyone for weeks and he knew VR would figure out it wasn't true when they saw there was no GNR reunion going on. Was already trouble back then.

To me there's 3 distinct issues:

1. Scott was a junkie and insecure about Axl.
2. Slash was never happy being minimised in VR and prefers to play how he does in his solo shit. I think there's also some kind of tension between duff,matt, and he too - they love each other but they dont always agree on shit - like brothers. That's why this singer thing is so fucked up.
3. They're all junkies and prone to relapses anyway sometimes.

Maybe I'm imagining this, but didn't Slash come out once after Scott had been shit talking Axl, and say Scott shouldn't do it because he wasn't there.  It's completely different if Slash or Duff talk shit, because they're basing it on experiences.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I mean it makes sense this would be weird.

Slash recently said scott was never the guy and they went with him for time pressure and that he always knew it would go bad.

Scott has recently said that he was never inspired by their music creatively and that worse it was all pre-meditated just to create sales.

Slash has recently been working on his second solo album with the guy who Matt twice tried to get into Velvet Revolver, and this is after being AWOL for the past 2 years recording and touring.

Matt and Duff have both said they wanted Corey Tailor but that Slash wasn't into it.

Meanwhile, it's only like a week ago that VR were back to auditioning new singers to replace scott, and here they are playing with scott and we hear that the only communication to make this happen was dave phoning them up individually.

Plenty of reasons for tension I guess....seems they just did this out of respect for dave and his friends.

Lomax wrote:

better than nothin!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, if i am scott and someone called me a "Fraud" Id be pretty pissed.

Lomax wrote:

who said he was a fraud? .... That's career wrecking shit there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl said that slash said scott was a fraud and Duff was spineless.

So either Slash said it.. or Axl said it making it up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And seeing how Slash denied it all happened, then recanted and said "well I was there, but this is what actually happened" just never sat well with me.

I think a meeting of some sort happened whether it was between a gate, or Axl upstairs listening why Beta talked to a shitfaced Slash, or whatever.

Slash was drunk as hell, and his story was inconsistent about it. Frankly... how does he know what the hell happened?

And considering Axl never ever tried a stunt like that before or after... I tend to go with Axl's side.

-D- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

In fairness, they went through ALOT of bullshit with Scott, far dirtier and far quicker than even Axl.

Scott pretty much ran them down like dogs, not to mention abandoned them as a bandmember.

Slash & Duff both had to run around putting out alot of fires after that breakup. I don't know if i've lost respect for them, because Slash & Duff have never had any respect for singers... so why start now, lol?

But tonight/last night just happened to be a "good night" for Scott. He can be a fuckin' NIGHTMARE to deal with that makes Axl look like Jon Bon Jovi's personality.

Yeah but like Axl, Scott felt they were in a lot of ways full of shit. Scott wasn't the only one who fell off the wagon but yet they condemned him like he was.

Scott had Slash and the band's back and publicly tore Axl a new ass which took a shit load of guts to do

Slash and co used Scott as the scapegoat and put most of the blame on him.

hmmm 2 bands, 2 similar occurrences... Hmmmmmmm fluke or trend?

I've lost a shit load of respect for Duff as has been documented in the GNR section: HE had same lawsuits in as Slash, HE  certainly prob had as many negative things to say as Slash....... to open for GNR was a WOW moment, then when he does play with GNR, same shit as up here... Just lifeless. I think I have severely overrated his stage presence all these years.

Right on... i've been saying that for years. Where there's smoke, there's fire. These guys run through lead singers. We already know Axl's crazy, but it's obvious that Slash & Duff are just as "out there" concerning singers.

They seem to have a completely dysfunctional relationship with them. And unlike Axl, who seems to be gracious at allowing bandmates (or employees, depends on how you see it), to have their little solo sections and pushing them forward and himself back.

Slash & Duff have always seemed obsessed with "being the star". Even Slash will only allow Myles so much leash during his live shows, until he's front and center again. Duff has a side band that just has to have his name/title above the band name, they can't seem to get VR back online, they're both totally disinterested nor do they care about being back in GN'R, etc.

Maybe Slash & Duff's days of being in actual bands are over...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And seeing how Slash denied it all happened, then recanted and said "well I was there, but this is what actually happened" just never sat well with me.

I think a meeting of some sort happened whether it was between a gate, or Axl upstairs listening why Beta talked to a shitfaced Slash, or whatever.

Slash was drunk as hell, and his story was inconsistent about it. Frankly... how does he know what the hell happened?

And considering Axl never ever tried a stunt like that before or after... I tend to go with Axl's side....

You know, we all have our theories, but 1, Axl in his press release stated that Slash was sober. 2, he said that Beta talked to Slash, so in this case he wasn't even there and has no clue about it 3, he released that vicious stuff months after the supposed meeting. These are crying for the usual made-up paranoid shit by the Axl camp, or even worse, a very calculated lie to diminish VR. He did the same nasty stuff to get the name, he probably did it again in his palladine battle against Slash, the Satan.

Plus. We don't know who said what. But in the recent weeks, Duff did everything to validate the spineless badge, considering what he said and done against Axl not that long ago. Plus. Scott himself admitted when he left VR, that he was phoning it, and was only there for the money. Plus. Nobody likes Matt Sorum. 16

Anyway, I would even believe some of the Axl camp's story, if the "Slash came to inform Axl that..in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger'." Bullshit. Never happened. Only in Axl's dreams. Everyday.

Slash's last story is much more believable to me. "I actually did go to Axl's house at one point, but I never saw him. I never talked to him. I left a note with his person over there having to do with lawsuit that we were in. I don't know how it got turned into what it got turned into."
He could have handed a paper in which he stated the withdrawal of the lawsuit, as it was reported a few weeks later. Sorry, but with such an egomaniac, , bitter, selfish and manipulating guy that Axl is, I tend not to believe his all time bullshitting, and I pray that a reunion will never happen, cause this guy would kill all that good memories left from their glory days.

Axlin12 wrote:

Slash & Duff both had to run around putting out alot of fires after that breakup. I don't know if i've lost respect for them, because Slash & Duff have never had any respect for singers... so why start now, lol?

They seem to have a completely dysfunctional relationship with them. And unlike Axl, who seems to be gracious at allowing bandmates (or employees, depends on how you see it), to have their little solo sections and pushing them forward and himself back.

Slash & Duff have always seemed obsessed with "being the star". Even Slash will only allow Myles so much leash during his live shows, until he's front and center again. Duff has a side band that just has to have his name/title above the band name, they can't seem to get VR back online, they're both totally disinterested nor do they care about being back in GN'R, etc.

Maybe Slash & Duff's days of being in actual bands are over...

Wrong. Slash and Duff (and Izzy) hates to work with assholes, and a lot of singers are egomaniac assholes who think they are the band, and the others are only there to back-up them. It's that simple. Slash's fine with Myles, and as far as I know, he was fine with Eric Dover, too. Axl and Scott are among the worst personalities in the rock industry, while Snakepit 2 just fell apart.
Never believe Axl's lie that he gives 'space' to the guys with the solo spots - in fact, he needs them to be there, until he gets some oxygen offstage. They are employees and don't even wanna be more. As long as the money arrives, they'll be happy. Well, Slash and Duff are far above it, both mentally and as a musician, otherwise they'd still be in the band.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Duff has a side band that just has to have his name/title above the band name

I've read several interviews where Duff was clearly against that. It was the record company that wanted to add his name on to Loaded, to help shift units.

Board footer